Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty's phone-in thread

Dave the Gaffer said:
LB, is the expectation that we will win any seats at all....or is it that we will take some votes away from the Liberals.

If the latter is the case, could it not work against us if we put up candidates in wards where the votes could be split between us and the Tories( especially where the tories say they support us) and so let the liberals back in?
The plan is to target seats carefully.

A lot of wards will be electing three councillors in one go. With one Seagulls Party candidate standing against three Lib Dems, the prospects of splitting the Lib Dem vote are excellent.

If all the Tories supported the stadium, you might have a point, Dave. They don't. Their voting record in Cabinet meetings (and at full Council meetings) makes that clear.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
LB - if a ward is electing 3 councillors at the same time then surely everyone will get 3 votes? If the LibDems all vote for their 3 then each one will get in. You need to target the 'weakest' of the 3 and find a reason why the voters shouldn't elect him.

Of course, the other approach is to target those people that don't normally vote and get them angry enough at their tax money being mis-spent on a whim of the LibDems to outvote them.

I imagine that you already have about 5000 names and addresses that you might want to visit just before the election?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I find it quite amusing when posts like Ed's appear like that.

We are led to believe that its all the Liberal Democrats fault, and they are the anti-christ...and then there is a little paragraph, which says the tories are anti falmer also.....so in effect we are hoping to persuade not only the liberal voeters in Lewes( who are obviously well in the majority) but now also the tory voters....who again must have a fair few.

We are therefore alligned with the labour vote who wouldnt get in if Adolf Hitler were standing for the Liberals and Mother Teresa for the Labour Party.

Isnt politics strange

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:
I find it quite amusing when posts like Ed's appear like that.

We are led to believe that its all the Liberal Democrats fault, and they are the anti-christ...and then there is a little paragraph, which says the tories are anti falmer also.....so in effect we are hoping to persuade not only the liberal voeters in Lewes( who are obviously well in the majority) but now also the tory voters....who again must have a fair few.

We are therefore alligned with the labour vote who wouldnt get in if Adolf Hitler were standing for the Liberals and Mother Teresa for the Labour Party.

Isnt politics strange

Maybe you should have turned up at the Seagulls Party meeting Dave. Many more details were talked about. Hardly my place to disclose any of 'em, being a mere foot soldier in aforesaid party, but there's one or two candidate placings that promise LOADS in terms of publicity and sheer entertainment value ;)

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tom Hark said:
Maybe you should have turned up at the Seagulls Party meeting Dave. Many more details were talked about. Hardly my place to disclose any of 'em, being a mere foot soldier in aforesaid party, but there's one or two candidate placings that promise LOADS in terms of publicity and sheer entertainment value ;)

Would have loved to mate, but as I said at the time, Tates had the car so I was transportless:down: :down: :down: :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here