Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty's Phone In Thread (11/03/06)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Total waste of time, usual tired old bullshit we've heard all before :angry: :angry: :angry:

Just like your dues on the CKR bet - nothing changes :lol:

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Can't afford £300k for Fallon (who's keeping Knight with a good attitude you'd have thought and a hat-trick to booty out), but identified CKR for £250k and bought Turienzo for £150k.

Using CKR, Knight and The Argy as comparatives, it looks like it could have been money well spent to sign Fallon, but apparantly we don't have that amount of money. (We did have £180k for Tom Brighton, however).

As a slight aside, it seems hardly surprising that we can't land 2nd division players like Dichio or Shipperley, given that Swansea got Fallon from Swindon in the 3rd.

If the playing budget was increased by £750k, who's it gone on?

The point is do we not have the money or are we valuing the players we're after too low?

Finally, DK made a valid point about size of ground and position in league, but we're not selling out the small capacity that we do have by any stretch.

DK has done a magnificent job over the last 8 years, particularly in managerial appointments (I include in this quickly sacking Wood and Hinshlewood when clearly they were not working out).

I cannot however bring myself to agree with his (lack of) striker strategy and am also struggling to make sense of the player budget numbers.

D

Deleted member 2719

KinkyNormanBaker said:
"I'm not happy that players are unhappy at the club"

???

Although i want MM out now i have every faith that dick is going to sack him at the end of the season - after he made that statement.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Mouldy Boots said:
Although i want MM out now i have every faith that dick is going to sack him at the end of the season - after he made that statement.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
He WILL sack him at the end of the season, he already knows who's going to replace him. He cant replace him yet because the replacment is planting bulbs at the moment:cool:

D

Deleted member 2719

chicken run said:
He WILL sack him at the end of the season, he already knows who's going to replace him. He cant replace him yet because the replacment is planting bulbs at the moment:cool:

I was thinking the same.

He should have put his bulbs out in October.

:ohmy:

He needs to be getting on with a bit of mulching now!!

:hilton:

D

Deleted member 2719

chicken run said:
Oh and there will be one almighty clear out of backroom staff
as dumbledore said this club will survive

Not sure about that one.

What makes you think that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here