Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hartys Herald comments!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
interesting point of view, wouldn't disagree much with it apart from the above......can't ever see us being the biggest club in the south when falmer's capacity will only be 23,500.
Falmers capacity can be increased; there is an option of adding a 2nd tier on to the West Stand and all 4 corners can be filled in.
Ps Fulham,Bolton ,Wigan and Sh***mouth all do well with comparable crowds.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Read the following slowly, brains (his spin doctor should too): I'm. Not. Having. A. Go. At. Him. At. All.

Other people have, and fair enough. But writing what you think your public wants to hear makes sense for any journalist and that, I guess, is exactly what he's done.

Come on, the Harveys shit must have rotted your brain.

If "If simple-headed coffin-dodgers in Worthing are your public, as you wait for the moment when they manage to dodge the coffin no longer, then that's the sort of crap you're going to come out with I guess" is not having a go at Harty - I don't know what would be. You even call the article "CRAP"?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
MoH
I am not sticking up for Harty but take great exception to your phrase ' Simple headed coffin dodgers' as if everybody that passes away is an idiot.

Well at least he's not discriminating against them.

Everyone dies eventually.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Thatcher "arggh-uably" Britains greatest PM. Someone's having a laugh.

Dick Knight bracketed with the Milk Snatcher?

His legacy and character is better than that.

The article was a decent read,true enough.

thought it dwelled on the negative a bit too much myself

I would agree - more than a bit too much.

Now knowing whether he has written anything else about Dick, his conclusion that "Dick's subsequent exit, will, in some small way, tarnish his memory" - if it is only in some small way, there is a major emphasis contained in the article which suggests it is more than small.

If I was DK reading that I wouldn't be very happy - on the face on it an insensitively written piece and which with hind sight Harty may agree with?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
An excellent article that reflects a lot of supporters view of the situation.

For me Dick Knight hasn't been at the races for 18 months, but prior to that he was brilliant. I said a while ago that great leaders know when it is time to go and he probably left it a bit late but all in all did the right thing.

I think the article is spot on.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
HARTY: Ali, Thatcher, Sinatra and Dick Knight
Published Date: 20 May 2009

"That time has now run out and, in a way, I'd almost compare Dick's tenure at the Albion with the careers of Muhammad Ali and Margaret Thatcher – both great people in their time – but also history proved they went on too long."

What a ridiculous paragraph.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
An excellent article that reflects a lot of supporters view of the situation.

For me Dick Knight hasn't been at the races for 18 months, but prior to that he was brilliant. I said a while ago that great leaders know when it is time to go and he probably left it a bit late but all in all did the right thing.

I think the article is spot on.

Personally I want Harty's carpet fitting mate's view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here