Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty's Back!!!!

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Just bought my edition of the Worthing Herald and we have a double treat this week. Not only does Emily Bridges continue with her excellent (ahem) column but they have signed up that colossus of journalism - Harty. What a coup!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
and we get mike:censored: ward

can you buy the worthing herald anywhere in brighton?

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
emily at the albion

moaning about a bloke who was singing that about sums it up,fair enough he only knew two songs and was out of it but it brought it bit of amusement to the 1st half and it was better to listen to him than the moaners in e block.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Ernest said:
I just read it and as interesting as ever, especially the bit where Bullshittter Knight claimed to be a former Albion season ticket holder and Ron Pavey found out it was Dick Tight being economical with the truth (again) .

Ignore this people - he is totally taking Harty out of context. Harty's whole piece is basically singing Dick's praises (and tightfully so IMHO). Ernest has just pointed out one small comment in the piece from Dick's early days.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
So you would say that lying that you were a season ticket holder is not relevant then ?

:wave: :wave:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Ernest said:
So you would say that lying that you were a season ticket holder is not relevant then ?

That was years ago - if this is all you can find to hold against our chairman then i think we've got a good'un - christ it's not as if he's an Archer or Ridsdale!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
WARD = GOONER:censored: :censored:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Ernest said:
Amongst many things :angry: :angry:

Fine, whatever! I was just sticking up for Harty (that's who this thread is about after all) because you were making out that his article in the Worthing Herald was slagging off our chairman, when in fact it was the total opposite!

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Not wanting to sound like a luvvy but thanks for all of the positive feedback I have received via e-mail, phone and on here about my
first Herald column. Its early days I know but the one big change from my previous 'gig' was that the Herald Sports editor did not change a single word.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Harty said:
Its early days I know but the one big change from my previous 'gig' was that the Herald Sports editor did not change a single word.

:clap:

Look forward to some heated debates then!

RE the season ticket thing - could you get a season ticket for the terraces at the Goldstone? Also, if you go to practically every game, that means you deserve the status of "season ticket holder" IMHO.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Yes you could, in DK's defence the 'season ticket' line was probably a case of Chinese whispers, ie he might well have said "I went so much that I was like a season ticket holder' which translated two or three people down the line to 'I was a season ticket holder'.
As I said in the Herald the smear campaign by Archer and co against Dick was very nasty, some of the 'nicer' things they said about him was that he had no money, was a Walter Mitty character and had previously gone bankrupt, other things were very very personal and possibly libellious.
Clearly they knew he was the man to save the club and wanted to stop him at any cost, thankfully they didn't.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Harty said:
Yes you could, in DK's defence the 'season ticket' line was probably a case of Chinese whispers, ie he might well have said "I went so much that I was like a season ticket holder' which translated two or three people down the line to 'I was a season ticket holder'.
As I said in the Herald the smear campaign by Archer and co against Dick was very nasty, some of the 'nicer' things they said about him was that he had no money, was a Walter Mitty character and had previously gone bankrupt, other things were very very personal and possibly libellious.
Clearly they knew he was the man to save the club and wanted to stop him at any cost, thankfully they didn't.

But they were right he hasn't got any money :angry:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
mitch said:
emily at the albion

moaning about a bloke who was singing that about sums it up,fair enough he only knew two songs and was out of it but it brought it bit of amusement to the 1st half and it was better to listen to him than the moaners in e block.
did she mention my name:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here