Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty getting stroppy.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
SCR provide a genuine quality service to the Albion support by broadcasting all of the Albion games live. So far as the phone-in is concerned, I don't see why individual opinions expressed on there carry any more weight than individual opinions expressed on NSC. Personally I'm either at the game or I switch off SCR after the game. I'd rather get genuine post-match feedback on NSC. Far more representative than the phone-in IMHO. Not knocking the phone-in as such, just don't really care whether it's there or not.

D

Drips

I like Harty & the phone-in & Leon & & &

BUT I think Harty should rise above the snipers & not whinge about it on the air.... All this is only about 4 weeks after he said he didnt do the net anymore...
I think he's got far more support than the 51% he was talking about.

Stick with it Ian but dont lower yourself to get involved with the 1 or 2 neg people on here. The 'silent?' majority support you & the team to the hilt...

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
NSC more representative than a Radio chat show that is open to all Brighton fans in the area, and indeed anyone who happens to be listening and wants to ring in?

Are you sure?

This is a wind up, right?

I'm sure that there are some people on here who do think there opinions are really important, but NSC is only a relatively small body of fans, and people need to remember that and keep things in proportion.

In the great scheme of things our opinions are just that, maybe something Harty needs to remember as well, before he gets on his high horse.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
HAMPSHIRE DAVE said:
Shut-up and leave Harty alone.
HE'S ONE OF US FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!:salute:
We're just expressing our opinions same as he does every week on his show. The fact that he can mouth off as much as he wants and then thinks he has the right to have a pop at people who mouth off through other mediums makes me laugh.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I thought the old girl, (kathleen?) was quality. She spoke with passion about the club, obviously knows all things Albion.
If I can be as bright as a button in my eighties I'll be well happy.

Perhaps some-one else will be getting stick on here for the phone in by then!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
dougdeep said:
He sounds well wound up. Apart from saying if the majority want him to go, then he will. He also said "Do we really need all the people on the internet wingeing, if you don't like it then switch off!"
It appears that Mr Hart has forgot that he is being paid by us to do the job he is doing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
tadley gull said:
NSC more representative than a Radio chat show that is open to all Brighton fans in the area, and indeed anyone who happens to be listening and wants to ring in?

Are you sure?

This is a wind up, right?

I'm sure that there are some people on here who do think there opinions are really important, but NSC is only a relatively small body of fans, and people need to remember that and keep things in proportion.

No wind up. I'm 100% sure that the people who really care about the Albion make their opinions known on NSC. Whereas the phone-in as you rightly say 'is open to all Brighton fans in the area, ans indeed anyone who happens to be listening and wants to ring in?'. And, sure, OK, a small number of genuine Albion fans who actually CARE make it onto the phone-in. But mostly the phone-in, like any phone-in on any radio station anywhere in the world, comprises calls from freaks, wankers and care-in-the-community cases. Guess that's why they call it community radio aye?

For me the defining moment of the phone-in was last season when some beyond-help wanker from (probably) Haywards Heath got attacked by his small and vicious dog LIVE on SCR. 'Oh gettoff Tyson you BITCH, stop biting me leg, that really HURTS' may or may not have been his exact words.

Leave the freakshow to the freaks. IMHO like :lol:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Tom Hark said:
SCR provide a genuine quality service to the Albion support by broadcasting all of the Albion games live. So far as the phone-in is concerned, I don't see why individual opinions expressed on there carry any more weight than individual opinions expressed on NSC. Personally I'm either at the game or I switch off SCR after the game. I'd rather get genuine post-match feedback on NSC. Far more representative than the phone-in IMHO. Not knocking the phone-in as such, just don't really care whether it's there or not.
Largely agree with that. I gave up listening to the phone in a while ago (sometime last season) because of the complete MORONS who ring in. Yes I know some of the posts and analysis on NSC are also moronic - but you don't have to read them. Sometimes the first sentence is enough to make you skip to the next post/thread, sometimes just the poster's name. On the radio you have no CHOICE but to listen whilst some idiot verbally dribbles their insanity into your brain.

Drips said:
I like Harty & the phone-in & Leon & & &

BUT I think Harty should rise above the snipers & not whinge about it on the air.... All this is only about 4 weeks after he said he didnt do the net anymore...
I think he's got far more support than the 51% he was talking about.

Stick with it Ian but dont lower yourself to get involved with the 1 or 2 neg people on here. The 'silent?' majority support you & the team to the hilt...

That would be about right.

However, and especially at this juncture, it would be excellent for the Albion and our concerns if all fans and associates could show support and solidarity for the club.
Our wants and needs won't be helped by divisory attitudes from any quarters.

All for one and one for all, isn't that right musketeers ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here