Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty and the 1st caller

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Harty, normally I'm a fan of yours but I thought your responses to the points Buzzer made were pretty dire, especially the part about the negative bench.

1) We played much of the early season without a goalkeeper on the bench.
2) Having no striking option at all when most people seem to agree Robinson did well enough Tuesday to deserve a place in the squad.

1. As you said during he early season we didnt have a goalkeeper on the bench but in recent games we have had Crichton , the goal keeper coach , on the bench so it was logical to bring FDM back ASAP.
2. The most important point yesterday was to not lose and we had the option to put Virgo up front and bring on a defender, which we did succesfully.

I do not think that JR did enough on Tuesday to suggest he should have been on the bench, in fact I thought that he was poor and should have scored a couple of goals.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
1. As you said during he early season we didnt have a goalkeeper on the bench but in recent games we have had Crichton , the goal keeper coach , on the bench so it was logical to bring FDM back ASAP.
2. The most important point yesterday was to not lose and we had the option to put Virgo up front and bring on a defender, which we did succesfully.

I do not think that JR did enough on Tuesday to suggest he should have been on the bench, in fact I thought that he was poor and should have scored a couple of goals.

They are fair points and opinions but Harty's reaction to the suggestion of not having a keeper on the bench was as if it had never happened before in the history of the game, let alone this season. That's where he lost credibility for me as it seemed he was clutching at any straw available to defend Adams.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We've had a keeper on the bench recently to make up the 16. It was either that or bring one of the youth team in.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Perhaps I am different to everybody else but I didnt agree with much that the caller said but then again after having watched The Albion for 60 years I am probably now old, senile and old fashioned but I still think we are 2 players away from being a decent side.

I've done 50 years myself,and would be interested to know which positions you feel need the improvement (the 2 players) because I'm fairly certain that my 2 positions probably wouldn't match yours,and the variation on those two players would be quite diverse on this board............as probably would be the number required to make us a decent side; possibly somewhere between 0 (optimists) and 11 (pessimists).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've done 50 years myself,and would be interested to know which positions you feel need the improvement (the 2 players) because I'm fairly certain that my 2 positions probably wouldn't match yors,and the variation on those two players would be quite diverse on this board............as probably would be the number required to make us a decent side; possibly somewhere between 0 (optimists) and 11 (pessimists).
I have said on here in many posts that we need another Dodge or Chippy and another striker so that w have a choice of goalscorers between 3 rather than 2 because at the moment if Forster doesnt score we dont., except obviously the odd set piece etc.

I believe that Whing playing at left back and Virgo at right back is adequate for now to not make a left back a priority signing

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i just wanna know why the guy in scotland has picked Hereford away to be his match of the season after booking the trip up in september,these are the type of things you should be finding out Harty not our tactics or lack of passion at withdean,people want human stories these days :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here