Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty and the 1st caller

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
The only caller who provided clear analysis of the situation and have to say that Harty was very quiet and could nt respond to any of the points. Harty, play that first caller back to yourself and let us know what your reply is.

The long ball went out with white socks, just nobody seems to have told MA ! Wilins understood football is about pass and move and if he had to go then fine, but can Adams start to realise and learn that the hoof will take us to the bottom tier of football.

OK - Adams in - unless he fails to learn. Short passing - no more hoofing.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
dont we still wear white socks?

just a shame we dont have midfield players capable of playing short passes really

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The first call from our very own Buzzer was indeed a cracking way to open the show, with many valid points and I was a little disappointed with Harty for hardly responding to it at all and swiftly moving onto the next caller...

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
The only caller who provided clear analysis of the situation and have to say that Harty was very quiet and could nt respond to any of the points. Harty, play that first caller back to yourself and let us know what your reply is.

The long ball went out with white socks, just nobody seems to have told MA ! Wilins understood football is about pass and move and if he had to go then fine, but can Adams start to realise and learn that the hoof will take us to the bottom tier of football.

Did anyone even understand what the first the first caller was going on about?

His speech was so slurred i couldnt understand a word of it.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!

That caller should ask the players why after they are encouraged to play simple passes in training and they achieve it all of the time, when it comes to match day they revert to their own way of playing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The first call from our very own Buzzer was indeed a cracking way to open the show, with many valid points

Perhaps I am different to everybody else but I didnt agree with much that the caller said but then again after having watched The Albion for 60 years I am probably now old, senile and old fashioned but I still think we are 2 players away from being a decent side.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I still think we are 2 players away from being a decent side.

You're entirely correct there, presuming that the two you have in mind are Kaka and Lionel Messi.

If not, I think more than 2 new faces are required personally.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just to repeat another Chippy or Dodge and a back up striker who knows where the goal is like Scot McLeish, Kevin Gallen that type of old proven scorer. Doesnt Kenny Deuchar want a job at Royal Sussex Hospital.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

Excellent first call, and eloquently put.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
vulture

No it was definetly the first caller who I now realise was Buzzer.

Apologies to Buzzer as I didnt realise he had a lisp.

No need for apologies, Fazz. My eldest son has it too. It's quite cute when he does it and he is very well spoken. I got a few comments about me sounding quite posh on the phone. Bet that surprised you, eh? Not the oik you were expecting.

Thanks chaps for the kind words and yes, I think Harty cut me off rather abruptly too. I think it's important that it was said and that we are having this debate. That said, I'm absolutely wankered right now and really slurring my words.

pip pip!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
No need for apologies, Fazz. My eldest son has it too. It's quite cute when he does it and he is very well spoken. I got a few comments about me sounding quite posh on the phone. Bet that surprised you, eh? Not the oik you were expecting.

Thanks chaps for the kind words and yes, I think Harty cut me off rather abruptly too. I think it's important that it was said and that we are having this debate. That said, I'm absolutely wankered right now and really slurring my words.

pip pip!
i thought you sounded like a right poof :drink:

:thumbsup:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Buzzer, apologies old boy certainly didn't intend to cut you off but the phones were busy and I was told in my ear by the powers that be back in the studio to move onto to the next caller.

If you want to come back on on Tuesday please call and I will make sure you get on early and you can add anything you wish. (providing you don't swear!)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's a cross I have to bear Dave. The ladies quite like it though.

When we going for that beer then?

Take your wallet, Dave has quite a thirst. :drink:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Buzzer, apologies old boy certainly didn't intend to cut you off but the phones were busy and I was told in my ear by the powers that be back in the studio to move onto to the next caller.

If you want to come back on on Tuesday please call and I will make sure you get on early and you can add anything you wish. (providing you don't swear!)

Harty, normally I'm a fan of yours but I thought your responses to the points Buzzer made were pretty dire, especially the part about the negative bench.

1) We played much of the early season without a goalkeeper on the bench.
2) Having no striking option at all when most people seem to agree Robinson did well enough Tuesday to deserve a place in the squad.

If that isn't negative I don't know what is. I know you want to support Adams and that is admirable, but please don't do it to the extent that you ignore basic facts and lose credibility.

Cheers,

Darren

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here