Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hartlepool Boss interview

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Mick Wadsworth has told his players they must give respect to league-leaders and big spenders Brighton this weekend - but not too much room to play their brand of football at Victoria Park.

The Seagulls have enjoyed an excellent first few months in the current campaign and their attractive style of play has taken them eight points clear at the top of the table.

But Wadsworth insists that Pools are more than capable of derailing Poyet's money rich in-form outfit if they can get their own passing game going on Saturday.

"They've had a very good start and credit to Gus, he is one of the few lucky managers to have solid backing from the chairman" he told Pools Player.

"We know how they like to play and it's a very special way but that's his upbringing, that's Uruguay - they breed tough players but very talented players.

"I've been there a couple of times and now how their development programme works - it's not as flowery as Brazil and perhaps a little more functional but very skilful and that's how he wants his team to play.

"We have to disrupt their passing game, we have to be close to players and we have to be compact.

"We can't afford to give their playing style too much room or time and we have to get on the ball and get our game going and go forward well as we have done at home this season.

"It should be a good game and I am looking forward to the challenge."

Hartlepool United | News | Latest | Latest | Seagulls Challenge Excites Wadsworth

Smithy24

Sep 1, 2009
"Big spenders" seems to come up in every opposition manager interview. Where are they getting it from? I think we only spent £300,000 on Greer and that's it:shrug:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
"Big spenders" seems to come up in every opposition manager interview. Where are they getting it from? I think we only spent £300,000 on Greer and that's it:shrug:

Probably 300k more than them though (and we recouped that from the sale of Crofts and Dickinson).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We sold Dickinson for £150,000 and Crofts for about £300,000. Unless I'm missing something, we've actually made a profit on the summers business. Big spending, ok, we spent £250,000 on one player. But it distorts the truth to not mention that we also sold some players.

Anyway, decent interview, and it'll be interesting to see what he does to try and stop us.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
It does seem to be an excuse rolled out by them all though.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
And the lazy journo doesn't know how to spell 'know'. Or is this one of those 'blog' things written by people not good enough to become 'proper' journalists?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If u count ploughing money into our super stadium then I suppose 'we' are bigspenders!

I think we only spent 250k on Greer and if you look at it we made a profit, selling Crofts, Dickinson etc. We really spent very little to be top of the table, there was just the SMALL matter of player wages and a whole new development squad to attend to, plus the new MAGIC lights.

I would be seriously annoyed if I was Gus, we are where we are because of wise spending and fantastic coaching.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
It does seem to be an excuse rolled out by them all though.
Or maybe it just seems that way because of the amount of times Crodo (and now you) have put up these altered articles to garner a reaction. :laugh:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Got a feeling Lua Lua will start tomorrow in an attempt to get in behind the 'pool defence. I know Kaz dont normally start away but think he will tomorrow.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Sheff Wed 4 - 1 Hartlepool

Hartlepool United caretaker boss Mick Wadsworth told BBC Tees:

"..it [4-1 defeat ] did reflect a lack of ruthlessness, steel, toughness, aggressiveness, intelligence, call it what you will.

"The second goal was very poor, we had enough men to deal with it and a dopey full-back who didn't do his job properly and defend the far post."

BBC Sport - Football - Sheff Wed 4-1 Hartlepool

Let’s hope they play the “dopey fullback” against Benno or Lua Lua.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
And the lazy journo doesn't know how to spell 'know'. Or is this one of those 'blog' things written by people not good enough to become 'proper' journalists?

Are you trying to tell me Hove Born and Bred writes a blog up in Hartlepool too.:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here