Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hart signs

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hart Signs!

Club Text. :)

Gary Hart has completed his new one-year contract. He said, "I can't wait for pre-season and I want to be involved as much as possible next year."

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Was it ever in doubt he would? Hopefully Whing follows

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I was sort of hoping they were waiting to announce all the retained players together and that's why we hadn't heard anything about Whing or Dicker yet.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
maybe they are starting to return from their holidays

fingers crossed on Dicker and Whing (I see someone on the argus comments has him going to Walsall but there has been no hint of that up here since early May)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

fingers crossed on Dicker and Whing (I see someone on the argus comments has him going to Walsall but there has been no hint of that up here since early May)

I work in Walsall and the last thing about Whing I saw was in the Express and Star on April 27th:

Walsall are rumoured to be keeping tabs on the situation of Brighton defender Andrew Whing.

And that was it, I haven't heard anything since either.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand

Walsall are gash, why would Whingy go there, especially with the stadium on its way?

That said, why are we signing Crowe?? Not to play in midfield that's for sure.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The ONLY reason I can see why Whingy would want to go to Wallsall is because its nearer "home".

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I could understand Whing moving to Wallsall if he was in his 30's and wanted to be nearer 'home'. But as it is, he's what, 24? Realistically, although having to put up with another 2 seasons at Withdean, the lad has far more of a chance at playing at a higher level if he stays here furthering his ability. Not to mention the fact he'll probably get better pay here than at Wallsall.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I could understand Whing moving to Wallsall if he was in his 30's and wanted to be nearer 'home'.
I couldn't, he's living in a better part of the country now, but it's not exactly the other side of the world for family etc. I would be shocked if he turned us down for Walsall. I wouldn't be as shocked if he turned us down for someone else.

Anyway, Gary Hart! Will be interesting to see how big of a role he plays next season, and whether he can keep up anything like his form over a longer period.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I couldn't, he's living in a better part of the country now, but it's not exactly the other side of the world for family etc. I would be shocked if he turned us down for Walsall. I wouldn't be as shocked if he turned us down for someone else.

I know. But Whingy is quite attached to his roots it would seem, and by going there later in his career he could probably cosy up a bit more as he preapres for a more relaxed life where he can spend more time with his family and watch Villa more easily.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I don't think Whingy will go, has it ever occured that signing Jason Crowe would bring competition for Whingy? Considering we don't have a recognised right back as back up if something happens to him ???

As for OGH, great back up and can still do a job up front or on the wing.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The legend continues. A fantastic boys' own comeback.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here