Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hart Of The Matter

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
"Is there any way to watch this video without having a subscription to $eagulls Player? Do they ever become freely available? "

I thought you corporate chaps got it as part of the package ?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Best 16 minutes of video that I have watched for a long time! I could feel Harty's emotions. I can't wait to get Christmas and New Year out of the way and then it's a few short months :amex:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Is there any way to watch this video without having a subscription to $eagulls Player? Do they ever become freely available?
Tch! You cheapskate Phil! So can anybody help Phil out and put it on youtube or something and then post a link here? Thanks. I'm sure he'll be grateful. I'd like to see it myself as well but of course I wouldn't DREAM of asking .......

Fantastic from Harty.

The train issue is going to be a huge problem at each and every game. Not sure what the capacity is for a 4 carriage train (the max size train they can use), but having seen that the late train put on back from Soton had a capacity of 300 I assume that is it. If so, and there are even just 5000 coming by train it'll be a helluva wait to get out. And I think that number is conservative. Could be a huge problem for night games, will there even be enough trains after a game to get everyone back to Brighton? Even with a great stadium, 99% of fans want to get away after a game. Think I'll avoid the train for the first few games...

The train back from Southampton was a little more than the advertised 300 places, I may be wrong but I think it was double that. The trains that will be running on the route to Falmer are going to be these:

British Rail Class 313 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are three carriages long and seem to have a capacity of between 200-232, perhaps some posters who work on the railway might know the exact capacity of the train?

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
"Is there any way to watch this video without having a subscription to $eagulls Player? Do they ever become freely available? "

I thought you corporate chaps got it as part of the package ?

I'm not a corporate chap, but I don't think I'd get the value from subscribing to Seagulls Player for the few times I think I'd use it.

Back to the video, Richard Hebbard talks about general access, season ticket and 1901 Club areas in the West Stand. Are the general access and season ticket parts one in the same thing? The reason I ask this is that I was looking to try and get a season ticket in the West Stand on the lower tier and this seems to be for general access and 1901 Club only, with no mention of season tickets.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Great video - although I still worry worry worry. Isn't it big! Is it really going to be ready in time? Are we really going to fill it every week? I know the answers to all these question are yes, but it seems such a far cry from Withdean.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Are you people real? You can't afford 70 pence A WEEK? Some of that goes to the club, of course.
And you still regard yourselves as fans?

Personally i'd rather spend £3.99 a month on BEER, I've never wanted to watch a video on there until this one but like f*** am I playing £3.99 just to watch ONE video.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Aside from actually watching the team play, and all the various highs and lows over the years, it was quite simply the best 2 hours I have spent connected with the club in nearly 38 years supporting the Albion.

This stadium and the current management team will make the Albion the biggest club along the south coast bar none, Premiership football within 5 years of moving to the Amex? Don't bet against it......

Harty

PS Going to ask the club to put the video on free to all mode on website.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
im not now the only daft idiot that still dreams of the goldstone i hope all the memories i have of the amex can match those days?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The pessimist in me clung to Hebberds words "we HOPE to be open for first game of the season" , Probably nothing in that though

Great work Harty, a true fan and not worthy of any stick you get / got on here

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Aside from actually watching the team play, and all the various highs and lows over the years, it was quite simply the best 2 hours I have spent connected with the club in nearly 38 years supporting the Albion.

This stadium and the current management team will make the Albion the biggest club along the south coast bar none, Premiership football within 5 years of moving to the Amex? Don't bet against it......

Harty

PS Going to ask the club to put the video on free to all mode on website.

good work Harty :thumbsup:

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Just watched this- thought it was fantastic!
The train could be an issue but remember coming from some areas it wont be a simple train journey (personally I would have to change twice each way) so I think that there will be a lot of coaches/minibusses and park and ride.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Just remember most grounds don't even have a station more or less on site.

Things will settle after a couple of games. it's not like the ground is miles out of town.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here