Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hart Of The Matter

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
For all those with Seagulls World, Harty has done a stadium visit/tour with the stadium operations manager. Well worth a look.....quite emotional scenes.

Top work Harty :clap:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
wow....... this stadium, poyet, and the championship....wow wow wow. just 2 of the 3 are certain....but we can enjoy the ride.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Top stuff - I'm now in my early 40's and got quite emotional watching it. The level of thought and detail they have put into the design seems incredible. This won't just be a rectangle with cheap plastic seats - it's going to be a whole new experience and hopefully make going to games even for those less passionate a cracking afternoon or evening out.

I can't thank TB enough and all the guys working on site and behind the scenes to make this possible. Well done all !

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Wow, I was not expecting to get that emotional watching an internet video of a half-built stadium. Quite stunning stuff, it is absolutely beyond doubt I will be absolute an emotional mess come August 6th 2011.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Fantastic video.

But can't see people wanting to wait around at the stadium for 45 minutes after the match to get some food or drink before getting in a queue for the train. Especially not if you consider the amount of people who leave early to beat the queue's at Withdean.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
What a brilliant video. Well worth a watch.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Fantastic video.

But can't see people wanting to wait around at the stadium for 45 minutes after the match to get some food or drink before getting in a queue for the train. Especially not if you consider the amount of people who leave early to beat the queue's at Withdean.

Withdean's facilities are shit though and you can't blame people for wanting to get away asap. If the facilities at the Amex are as good as they say, then people may well stay for a pint and a meal before going home. Personally, I don't think there will be as many as the club would like.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Awesome, absolutely awesome.

There is still some level on which I can't (and probably won't be able to until August 6th) believe that this wonderful, state of the art stadium is actually OURS.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Wow, I was not expecting to get that emotional watching an internet video of a half-built stadium. Quite stunning stuff, it is absolutely beyond doubt I will be absolute an emotional mess come August 6th 2011.

same here, whenever I first walk upto the stadium for that first match I guarantee I will shed a tear or 500!

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Fantastic from Harty.

The train issue is going to be a huge problem at each and every game. Not sure what the capacity is for a 4 carriage train (the max size train they can use), but having seen that the late train put on back from Soton had a capacity of 300 I assume that is it. If so, and there are even just 5000 coming by train it'll be a helluva wait to get out. And I think that number is conservative. Could be a huge problem for night games, will there even be enough trains after a game to get everyone back to Brighton? Even with a great stadium, 99% of fans want to get away after a game. Think I'll avoid the train for the first few games...

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Fantastic from Harty.

The train issue is going to be a huge problem at each and every game. Not sure what the capacity is for a 4 carriage train (the max size train they can use), but having seen that the late train put on back from Soton had a capacity of 300 I assume that is it. If so, and there are even just 5000 coming by train it'll be a helluva wait to get out. And I think that number is conservative. Could be a huge problem for night games, will there even be enough trains after a game to get everyone back to Brighton? Even with a great stadium, 99% of fans want to get away after a game. Think I'll avoid the train for the first few games...

It quite simple really. Why cant they add another 3 to 4 carriages and ensure that if you are the first ones on you start moving towards the back of the train. They just need stewards on each carriage to make sure this is done. They could potentially double the capacity for trains going back to Brighton. I don't think trains going back to Lewes will be that much of a problem.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It quite simple really. Why cant they add another 3 to 4 carriages and ensure that if you are the first ones on you start moving towards the back of the train. They just need stewards on each carriage to make sure this is done. They could potentially double the capacity for trains going back to Brighton. I don't think trains going back to Lewes will be that much of a problem.

Where are they going to get the 3 to 4 carriages from ? do you assume they have Hundreds of 1000's pounds worth of rolling stock sitting around stationary earning no money just waiting for a football game in Brighton for a Tuesday night ?
Its all about logistics of where if any spare capacity is.
At a guess the logical costs of providing extra carriages, even if possible outweigh any potential profit that can be made on a single evening.

The railways are now a profit organisation run by the bean counters and not a nationalised industry.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is there any way to watch this video without having a subscription to $eagulls Player? Do they ever become freely available?

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Fantastic from Harty.

Don't forget a huge amount of fans don't live in Brighton, I've organised a supporters club with a 50 seater coach from North Sussex which the club are actively encouraging us to do. At £7 per head, the fact we'll get dropped off at the stadium and picked up it makes complete sense, thats also 50 people who won't be using train or cars. I'd urge anyone outside of Brighton to do the same thing and approach the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here