Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

harry roberts

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I once saw a reconstruction of the murders. He was in a van which was approached by two coppers who asked for his driving licence or what he was doing. He pulled a revolver out and shot the first the second backed off but was shot and went down. He got out of the van and walked to the police car where the third copper was and I think he tried to run but was still shot. On the way back to the van he realised one of the coppers was still alive but wounded and he finished him off with another bullet.

No one who could shoot three unarmed policemen in such a way should ever be let out. He should have been kept in solitary for life and denied any priveleges such as bog roll and newspapers etc..

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Might be wrong but don't think so. He was notorious for being on a TV programme all about Millwall's hooligans in the 80s. Always remember he was so called head of the main firm that all their youngsters, who wore surgical masks and I think were called treatment, aspired to!
Dont quote me on this ,but im sure he passed away a couple of years ago after living in poverty in Crawley.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dont quote me on this ,but im sure he passed away a couple of years ago after living in poverty in Crawley.
He was still alive sometime before May 2006 as this was when the TV series "Real Football Factories" was first shown and Danny Dyer did an interview with him. A post on the Palarse BBS says he died an alcoholic in Crawley.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
He was still alive sometime before May 2006 as this was when the TV series "Real Football Factories" was first shown and Danny Dyer did an interview with him. A post on the Palarse BBS says he died an alcoholic in Crawley.
To be honest mate,that was where i read about that he had died and that he was residing in Crawley.
I used to be a member of the BBS but for some reason my account has become disabled and i can no longer post.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that the Harry Roberts who shot the 3 policemen was still in prison and trying for parole also that he came from and shot the policemen in Shepherds Bush, QPR country.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I thought that the Harry Roberts who shot the 3 policemen was still in prison and trying for parole also that he came from and shot the policemen in Shepherds Bush, QPR country.

That Harry Roberts is the one concerned with this thread.. there is talk that he is up for parole

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Might be wrong but don't think so. He was notorious for being on a TV programme all about Millwall's hooligans in the 80s. Always remember he was so called head of the main firm that all their youngsters, who wore surgical masks and I think were called treatment, aspired to!

You are definitely wrong, I'm afraid. In the 1980's Harry Maurice Roberts was locked up in prison, where he should have stayed for ever. He murdered three unarmed policeman just for the hell of it in 1966, thus being about a couple of years too late for him to be the last man hanged in Britain - shame that law went through so quickly - they could have topped Ian Brady too if they hadn't been in such a rush to pass that legislation!

That Harry Roberts is the one concerned with this thread.. there is talk that he is up for parole

He's been in prison for the last 42 years. The judge originally recommended that he serve a minimum of 30 years. He has consistently been refused parole. In 2007, was given leave to seek a High Court judicial review over his failed parole bid, but the judicial review has not yet been completed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
‘No one monitored Harry, visited us, wrote to us, or even rang us to see if everything was OK,’ she said.

Because they didn`t believe you you silly bitch. Fancy getting like that all because he complained that she couldn`t fry an egg. Tch some woman.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
dont know what all the fuss is about, hes a smashing fella who would never hurt a fly (well, he could be reading this:eek:)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
‘No one monitored Harry, visited us, wrote to us, or even rang us to see if everything was OK,’
Always happens when you are out on loan from the Albion:rolleyes:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
So you hate coppers you plum. Did you a get arrested by a WPC once and it hurt you poor ego. Ah bless.

yeah muggy, 3 posts in and you come out with a line like that.

move along now.:laugh:

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania

the chap you are thinking of could well be Harry " the dog" as he was known, he used to live in Cuckfield near Haywards Heath then moved to Crawley a few years ago, but i havent heard anything about him since i moved up this way.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Coppers killed Blair Peach, so those are in the same league as this Harry Roberts.

Giant Haystacks is another probable victim of police murder, and not to forget Jean-Charles.

And don't tell me, the bloke in Fernhurst last weekend too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here