Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Redknapp

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Crouch End? I used to live in Hornsey near Tottenham Lane or whatever it's called. But it's N8 not N1!

When I first joined NSC I lived in N1, St Pauls Road, next to Highbury and Islington tube, then to Crouch End - now happy to say
in sunny Hurstpierpoint.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Please please no. Don't even joke don't want that clown anywhere near the England team
This was always my default position but with a heavy heart I have now changed my mind. Our big time charlie's don't respond to Johny Foreigner do they? They simply pick and choose the games they want to play in, pulling out of friendlies when selected rendering them meaningless. They are also absolutely SHIT at the big tournaments. And as for the two foreigners we've had managing the national team, they haven't done much better. At least SGE steered England to quarter final glory but never threatened to do any better. Capello has been even worse, and both have commanded massive salaries which would have been better spent at grass roots level.

Give Redknapp the gig. The cheaper option, and probably best mates with the "world class" core of the team who annoyingly seem to get picked whoever is in charge.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I have come to accept that we are shit, and if we are shit then we may as well be shit with an English manager. But please, not Rednapp. What has Pearce been doing all these years if not getting ready for the job.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have come to accept that we are shit, and if we are shit then we may as well be shit with an English manager. But please, not Rednapp. What has Pearce been doing all these years if not getting ready for the job.
Proving how incompetent he is, as far as I can see. :shrug:

I'm telling you, we are best served by a complete and utter spiv who is top chums with all the overrated "world class" household names who are automatic picks even for the foreign managers who should know better. Telly Vegetables got us to a Euro semi, remember.

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I'm telling you, we are best served by a complete and utter spiv who is top chums with all the overrated "world class" household names who are automatic picks even for the foreign managers who should no better. Telly Vegetables got us to a Euro semi, remember.

The ones who he is mates with are all past it. It would be a disaster. An old boys club at its worst. We need a change in attitude - I appreciate there is nothing the bosch like more than going on about how England have got it wrong - but this is Oliver Bierhoff on Capello's laughable claims that we are the new Germany.

I mean - laugh at the sock sorting - but we have taken the wrong track with our players and we need to change direction - and not just give in.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Proving how incompetent he is, as far as I can see. :shrug:

I'm telling you, we are best served by a complete and utter spiv who is top chums with all the overrated "world class" household names who are automatic picks even for the foreign managers who should know better. Telly Vegetables got us to a Euro semi, remember.

Under Pearce the U-21s got to the semi-finals of Euro 2007 and the final of Euro 2009.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I got quite a few Brighton based Spurs fans mates and although they recognise Gus doing well here at Brighton none of them want him as Spurs manager, other than the fact he's only had a season and half league 1 management experience, he was also partly resonsible for one of the poorest runs in Spurs recent years assisting Ramos. I should imagine this is the view of a lot of Spurs fans. As for Arry going for England job.....cant be any worse than the last 2 or 3 who have tried it!!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And as for the two foreigners we've had managing the national team, they haven't done much better.
Give Redknapp the gig. The cheaper option, and probably best mates with the "world class" core of the team who annoyingly seem to get picked whoever is in charge.

One of those two foreigners is, statistically speaking, England's second best manager.

I think it's Arry's "mateyness' that causes a lot of concern. I think he's been a decent club manager but I'm not sure he's the person to whip under-performing prima donnas into shape (let alone any dodgy financial dealings that may haunt him). I certainly wouldn't object to Pearce being given the gig.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here