Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harper

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Do you reckon there's any chance of us getting him back on loan? He was decent last time but I remember he didn't like the ball at his feet. Would anyone have him back ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I hope we don't even consider him as an option. He offered nothing that Brezovan or Ankergren didn't, except for more experience. Not a long term solution, and not worth a loan.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I think people got overexcited because he came for more crosses than Casper did. His positioning wasn't overly impressive and all he did was lump it long, Watford away is still one of the most painful 90 minutes I've had to sit through. Having said that, it did make me laugh how every moron who probably shouts 'get it forward' at the Amex was shouting 'keep it on the floor', as time and time again the ball got launched eighty yards front to back and came back again. Even if he was willing to move south, he's not a long term option and for me, offered nothing more than the ability to talk to Jara & Calde in Spanish.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He was OK but pound for pound I couldn't see any real upside to Ankergren or Brez so not sure why we'd bother

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Not enough of an upgrade from what we have, would be a good coach though as he seemed to have a big affect on Brez's and Casper's confidence.

No chance he'll move down here for that though

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I still think that (despite the cock up between Bridcutt and Dunk) Harper should have been more alert and better positioned for the West Sham gaff

Exactly. Wasn't his fault we lost possession in that area of the field but he was very slow to react to the danger, when you see the shot from behind the goal he was WAAAY over to one side, and a player of Nolan's ability wasn't going to miss 1-on-1 from 15 yards with 2/3rds of the goal empty.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think that he is the answer to our goalkeeper situation as I wasnt over impressed with him while on loan. Would
sooner go for Mannone or Almunia from Arsenal, or better still Ashdown from Portsmouth.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I still think that (despite the cock up between Bridcutt and Dunk) Harper should have been more alert and better positioned for the West Sham gaff

100% agree. His positioning was awful, he didn't know where the goal was and the finish itself was awful, he STILL should have saved it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I certainly felt more relaxed with Harper in goal then both Casper or Brez.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Have you heard that we're interested in having him back, Sitch?
I'd have him back, think the back four would as well.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Very short term, plus whole reason haver never extended the loan was due to the wife, so unless she wants him away for 3,6,12 months no way would he join us without carting the family all the way down here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here