Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harper back on Loan!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was kind of assuming it was true, because it wasn't interesting enough to be made up...

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
- By Liam Apicella, Reporter
Filed: Monday, November 21, 2011 at 01:04 UK
Newcastle United have allowed goalkeeper Steve Harper to extend his loan deal with Championship side Brighton & Hove Albion.

The 36-year-old, who originally joined the Seagulls for a month, will now remain at the Amex Stadium until the end of December.

"It is benefiting both parties," said Newcastle manager Alan Pardew. "We both had big games at the weekend."

Harper signed for the Magpies in 1993 but has had several loan spells away from the club.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I was really looking forward to Casper trying again. He certainly is spot on with the passing out of defence. Harper just tends to do what he fancies to release the ball

Essentially we need a hybrid of the two. Caspers calm from the back distribution combined with Harpers confidence and greater ability to deal with crosses.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
- By Liam Apicella, Reporter
Filed: Monday, November 21, 2011 at 01:04 UK
Newcastle United have allowed goalkeeper Steve Harper to extend his loan deal with Championship side Brighton & Hove Albion.

The 36-year-old, who originally joined the Seagulls for a month, will now remain at the Amex Stadium until the end of December.

"It is benefiting both parties," said Newcastle manager Alan Pardew. "We both had big games at the weekend."

Harper signed for the Magpies in 1993 but has had several loan spells away from the club.

:facepalm: thats from monday. its safe to say he is not coming

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I watched a bit of training on Wednesday and I'm pretty sure he wasn't there.

And nothing on the Newcastle website.

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
well i just rang the seagull line on : 0898 800 609 and apparently nicky bissett has broken his leg! WTF!!!:shootself

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
According to the Brighton & Hove Gazette Eric Gill left in 1960 and is not coming back. He's going to play Bowls for Sussex.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If it's true we're extending Harper's stay - great. Mind you, the only place I've read he's going is on here..................

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Missed OGH from a local side. Could have got him for a picture on the wall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here