Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harper and Reyes, better than Ankergren and Calderon......

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Thoughts?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Reyes doesn't get forward enough in my opinion.

Can see Calderon coming back in on Sat and Reyes playing instead of Bridcutt

Broady

Apr 17, 2011
Reyes looked very good and Harper seemed a lot more confident on high balls than Casper. But he was at fault for the goal. Bridcutt was mainly but look where Harper stood.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Harper was out of position for the goal. It other than that I had way more confidence in him every time the ball went near him that I would do Casper. He's commanding and he can catch a ball.

Reyes to me look brilliant. Committed and skillful. To be honest I think he's very similar to Calderon. Why not try Reyes in Centre midfield in a defensive role next to Bridcutt. Calderon hadn't been playing that bad has he?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Too early to judge. Reyes was excellent tonight, could be a great signing. Quite fancy seeing him in midfield and bring back calderon to right back.

Harper was out of position for their goal, but he looked good on crosses and kicking was very good. I think he will become a good signing.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Harper was out of position, clearly, but in his defence probably wasn't expecting Bridcutt to lose possession and for him to be tested so soon after. Apart from that thought he looked an improvement, far more confidence in him, and proved that those 10-15 yard balls are easy for most keepers. Commands his box FAR FAR better than Ankergren from crosses into the box too.
Thought Reyes looked a decent player too.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Harper was out of position, clearly, but in his defence probably wasn't expecting Bridcutt to lose possession and for him to be tested so soon after. .

The replay from behind Nolan showed this. It was a rare, shocking mistake from LB and Harper was out of position.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I think Harper has just played more outfield type passes in one game than he managed in his entire Newcastle career, he's having to adjust pretty damn quick and that maybe why as Kevin Nolan said on TV, that he was out of position because he was sweeping up. Reyes was good but could have done with Calderon's flair...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here