Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harmison not included, Sidebottom and Collingwood in

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why include Harmison in the squad at all if you're not going to pick him? Hardly seems the best way to manage someone of his temperament.

I'm not sure they should have dropped Broad either. He did look tired in the last test but he's had a weeks rest, he should be ok to go again, also he is in better form with the bat than Collingwood!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Odd, dropping their most in-form batsmen.
I would have kept Broad in ahead of Collingwood, and Prior in for Ambrose would have solved many of the 5-4 bowling attack issues, at the mo we look a bowler and batsmen light

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Tricky one really. We never looked like getting 20 wickets at Headingley but ultimately it was the batters that lost us that test match. I worry about over-bowling Freddie. Monty needs to stand up and be counted in this test match I reckon.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
well hes poor for England, anyway you saw what i put after that you fool.

He was poor in New Zealand, but he has done what was asked from him, gone back to County Cricket, taken wickets and so been brought back in.

At the end of the day he is a talented bowler who offers something different from the stock English bowlers, rather than a form player.

Nice being called a fool by a child with attitude.

Still just say things for reaction.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
He was poor in New Zealand, but he has done what was asked from him, gone back to County Cricket, taken wickets and so been brought back in.

At the end of the day he is a talented bowler who offers something different from the stock English bowlers, rather than a form player.

Nice being called a fool by a child with attitude.

Still just say things for reaction.

No i wasnt saying something for a reaction, infact your the one saying something for a reaction by trying to get in an argument with me!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm disappointed that they've dropped Broad. His contribution with the bat recently has been no worse than Collingwood before he got dropped.

What are we going to do if, say, Sidebottom breaks down on Day 1? That would leave us with 2 seamers, a spinner and a coupole of pie-throwers.

South Africa can bat and if we are serious about winning the series we need to bowl them out twice. Therefore, you surely play Broad and not Collingwood?

England have also clearly decided that Anderson is now well ahead of Harmison in the pecking order. It was not so long ago that that was unthinkable.

Anyone who saw Harmison bowl at the County Ground recently would have seen a bowler bang in form. He really does seem to have sorted himself out and looks to back to 2005. He was always being asked for interviews by the Shark Bar or whatever it's called and seemed pretty level headed. I'm disappointed he's not in the side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here