Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harley

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Agreed, how anyone can compare Paynter to Harley is beyond me.

Wasn't comparing to Paynter just just using as an example ... maybe a bad one but the point is that it will take more than one maybe two games to determine, for me.

Anyway it looks like we may be on a bit of a roll ... we've picked up three wins so onward and upwards and if Harley contributes his fair share then I'd be delighted for him and us

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think and hope that he will gradually improve through this season and we will really see him at his best next season when he is well and truly settled in the side and accustomed to the Championship.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I rate him. The art of a really good player is keeping hold of the ball for as long as possible sometimes and not delivering it too quickly... sometimes that means you get caught in possession

Very good player for me. :)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Harley was my MOM on saturday, normally I don't notice him at all, but I thought he had a good game against Cov. It seems that becoming a regular is helping his confidence.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think Navarro is still the weak link in midfield,spraying a couple of long passes is not enough over 90minutes,we have Bridcutt in a defensive midfield role so he is not needed and offers very little.I think Harley will only get better.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
I think Navarro is still the weak link in midfield,spraying a couple of long passes is not enough over 90minutes,we have Bridcutt in a defensive midfield role so he is not needed and offers very little.I think Harley will only get better.

Absolutely spot on! :thumbsup:

Have been saying this for ages now. Navarro, Painter and Paynter are not good enough. Simple

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Gus obviously saw something in him that he liked. Having been dropped he should realise he can't just stroll into the team so if his attitude continues to improve hopefully so will his performances.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am and have beena critic of Navarro but in the most recent games he has improved but I would prefer us to bring in a old established midfielder looking for a final season or two in the mould of a past player like Tim Sherwood or even a Danny Murphy/Steve Sidwell type.

niknokseagull

Give us a biscuit
Oct 8, 2003
London
It's odd how a lot of people are now laying into Navarro. Surely there is some degree of correlation between his return to the first team and getting three wins in four, the wider 'team' playing with a little more verve and confidence and (dare I say it), his presence allowing Harley to express himself a lot better than he's done in the past.

Having said all that, a fit Vicente beats Harley every time in my book

I wonder if Harley will now go on to enjoy a similar career to El-Abd, Butters and to a certain extent Navarro. All 3 of the latter players took a fair amount of time to come good esp El-Abd who, without Poyet, would surely have left by now. I really hope Harley is starting to get to grips with this league. Maybe, just maybe Gus can see something in him that we have all missed (as he did with El-Abd) and that Harley will become a fan's favourite. Fingers crossed, this happens.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Harley was my MOM on saturday, normally I don't notice him at all, but I thought he had a good game against Cov. It seems that becoming a regular is helping his confidence.

Defo agree on him as MOM. Much stronger in tackling, tracking back.

i thought his link up play was excellent, bringing wide players into the game and supporting strikers.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Always knew Harley would be a quality player if given a run of games. The only problem for him will be if Vicente is ever fit then he will be sitting out again.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I feel sorry for Sparrow, a good solid Championship player on his day and adds a bit more stability in the midfield then Harley but lacks some consistancy. A good player to have in the squad though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here