Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harley set to sign for Swansea

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think Exter still have apirations to get out of this division or are afraid they will slip into relegation and therefore want to keep Harley to the end of the season at any cost. Not somethign we would be interested in.

big g seagull

Jan 11, 2011
Does that mean that swansea have actually paid money for him or will they get him on a free in the summer if exeter can have him back on loan at the moment ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yes, I don't see how Navarro's fitness can be linked to our bid for Harley.

It seems to me that Exeter didn't want to sell to a rival league one club, I'm fairly sure SCC were in for him too.

I doubt that is the case.With six months left on his contract. He is allowed to talk to other clubs and sign a pre-contract i believe.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Does that mean that swansea have actually paid money for him or will they get him on a free in the summer if exeter can have him back on loan at the moment ?

I really can't see Exeter letting him go for nothing just so they can keep him for a few months. They are only a small club who have had money problems in the past.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A bit dissaopinting but £400,000 on a player with 6 months to run is too much, we already have a wealth of options in midfield that have done us well. The only slight concern is if we lose Bennett but hopefully Gus has other potential replacements lined up.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Swansea will be getting him on a free with a loan-back while Harley will get something in excess of the quarter of a million signing-on fee that Derby offered him if he signed a pre-contract deal with them. We offered money to the club because we wanted him to play for us straight away rather than seeing him as one for next season. Fair enough because we still need to get promoted first!! Exeter are focussing on the need to keep away from the drop zone with just the chance they might make the play-offs (there isn't that much between the two) and either way the loss of Harley now could make more difference financially than the income from selling him to us.

Shame because he would have been excellent for us but we move on...........

big g seagull

Jan 11, 2011
I really can't see Exeter letting him go for nothing just so they can keep him for a few months. They are only a small club who have had money problems in the past.
But if Swansea do sign him and it's not a pen on paper yet !! do you think they have offered more than we are reported to have offered ,or less if exeter can have him to the end of the season ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
A bit dissaopinting but £400,000 on a player with 6 months to run is too much, we already have a wealth of options in midfield that have done us well. The only slight concern is if we lose Bennett but hopefully Gus has other potential replacements lined up.
If we already have a wealth of of midfielders then why is Gus looking?

We have 1 left winger in Noone,1 right winger in Bennett,1 attacking midfielder in Sparrow who's form is patchy. The rest are defensive.Smith is out and has hardly featured,My Guess is that it was competition for Sparrow.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
But if Swansea do sign him and it's not a pen on paper yet !! do you think they have offered more than we are reported to have offered ,or less if exeter can have him to the end of the season ?

Swansea Would have paid a fee but not what we offered.Part of the deal is so Exeter can have him back.That's my guess.

big g seagull

Jan 11, 2011
Swansea will be getting him on a free with a loan-back while Harley will get something in excess of the quarter of a million signing-on fee that Derby offered him if he signed a pre-contract deal with them. We offered money to the club because we wanted him to play for us straight away rather than seeing him as one for next season. Fair enough because we still need to get promoted first!! Exeter are focussing on the need to keep away from the drop zone with just the chance they might make the play-offs (there isn't that much between the two) and either way the loss of Harley now could make more difference financially than the income from selling him to us.

Shame because he would have been excellent for us but we move on...........

Mmmmmmmm interesting so he gets a big chunk of cash then ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Two different style of players.

We are awash with midfielders and obviously te deal that Swansea have with Harley staying at Exeter would be unsuitable. It's odd that a team who are not going for promotion would sell a player for less than we offered just so that they can hang on to him until the end of the season.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We are awash with midfielders and obviously te deal that Swansea have with Harley staying at Exeter would be unsuitable. It's odd that a team who are not going for promotion would sell a player for less than we offered just so that they can hang on to him until the end of the season.
Read post 28

big g seagull

Jan 11, 2011
The one thing that is good from all this,is that TB is willing to put his money where his mouth is to get us out of this division and into the championship for Falmer !!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
very much doubt that Exeter will be seeing anything other than a small facility fee. Most of that money will go direct to Harley as his signing-on fee.

The nature of "deals" in football these days is that the transfer fee is only one consideration

(and no Ridda - I don't think he will be on the bench, certainly not in the championship and not necessarily in the Premiership if Swansea make it - the lad has real potential)

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
there is no way exeter are not getting anything out of this deal !! and as for this arguement i keep reading about not needing harley he is totally different to anything else we have

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here