Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hargreaves

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
hans kraay fan club said:
I am still struggling with this. Lampard and Gerrard are the two best central midfielders in the country.

Gerrard can tackle and pass well, which are the two essential attributes of the holding midfielder.

Why can he not play as a holding player to fit the system that clearly works better? I once put my Sunday teams centre forward in goal becasue the keeper cried off. The CF didn't keep forgetting and go rushing upfield.

Does Gerrard have a brain [I'm sure he does]? How hard can it be?
The problem with that is he can't tackle or pass well.

Anyway what makes him one of the so called best English midfielders is his attacking play, as a holding player he's way dwon the queue. Why play him over a natural holding player because he is better going forward? ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Silent Bob said:
The problem with that is he can't tackle or pass well.

Anyway what makes him one of the so called best English midfielders is his attacking play, as a holding player he's way dwon the queue. Why play him over a natural holding player because he is better going forward? ???

Very harsh assesment Mr Bob, sir.

His tackling is sometimes imprecise, but I fail to see how the quality of his passing can be considered inferior to King, hargreaves, et al.

Carrick, on the other hand....

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
His passing is erratic, he gives the ball away far too much for a player of his supposed quality. I'd have him on the bench, he'd be a useful impact player if we needed one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here