Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harding...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Uncle Buck said:
So changing jobs for better money is bad because? If you got offered a new job for more money you would not take it? Yeah right.

I have turned down jobs that offered more money because they werent right for me. I know others who have done the same, long term career progression is far more inmportant than short term gain.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Albion Dan said:
I have turned down jobs that offered more money because they werent right for me. I know others who have done the same, long term career progression is far more inmportant than short term gain.

Fair point mate. I have done the same. But these are footballers we are talking about. And by definition footballers are thick.

I dont begrudge Harding moving to Leeds, undoubtedly we are a better side without him. However I dont like the way he or his agent or whoever you want to blame conducted themselves.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Albion Dan said:

So playing for a team with a 40,000 stadium and in theory a chance of going up this year is a bad career move, compared with staying at a team with a municipal athletics stadium that might be able to hold 9000 and might manage to stay out of a relegation scrap?

Albion Dan said:
I know others who have done the same, long term career progression is far more inmportant than short term gain.

You might have a point if Harding was languishing forgotten in the reserves at Leeds - but he has played every league game so far. Looks like he's got both career progression and monetary gain.

Even someone like me who rates Harding is suprised that he is getting games ahead of Crainey, who was very solid for Leeds before his injury last season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
However I dont like the way he or his agent or whoever you want to blame conducted themselves.

I think we are all united on that - which is why nearly everyone thought the stick he got from us on Saturday was deserved. He auditioned very hard to become our panto villain so he now has to take it :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Harding dropped

Blackwell Wields the Axe

13th Sept, 2005 :: by Autolycus

After shipping three goals against lowly Brighton last Saturday Kevin Blackwell has wielded the axe in a big way for tonight's match against Sheffield Wednesday. Biggest sufferer is young Dan Harding who isn't even in the squad. He is replaced by ex-Bhoy Stephen Crainey. Bennett, Richardson and Rob Hulse all drop to the bench. Hulse is replaced by ex-Owl Richard Cresswell as Blackwell chooses to recreate the Preston NE frontline of Healy and Cresswell. Surprisingly Einarsson keeps his place after a poor performance against Brighton, mind you Jermaine Wright is now playing (and scoring) for Millwall so maybe his options are limited!!

Here's the teams for tonight's match against the Owls.

Sheff Wed: Lucas, Simek, Coughlan, Hills, Wood, Whelan, O'Brien, Brunt, Eagles, Peacock, Graham.
Subs: Bullen, McGovern, Rocastle, Ross, Corr.

Leeds United: Sullivan, Kelly, Butler, Gregan, Crainey, Lewis, Einarsson, Douglas, Derry, Healy, Cresswell.
Subs: Bennett, Hulse, Richardson, Kilgallon, Blake.

---

Stephen Crainey in Dan's place. Let's hope he gets his place back if only to get the first 50 grand appearances money.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
:J) said:

Stephen Crainey in Dan's place. Let's hope he gets his place back if only to get the first 50 grand appearances money.

Never mind that, let's hope he gets his place back for the visit of (ahem) 'The European Champions' to lowly Withdean :lolol:

Stumpy Tim

London Irish said:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Simster
the needless smilies indicating belittlement
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Simster

:D

Once again, over your head

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:J) said:
Harding dropped

Blackwell Wields the Axe

After shipping three goals against lowly Brighton last Saturday Kevin Blackwell has wielded the axe in a big way for tonight's match against Sheffield Wednesday. Biggest sufferer is young Dan Harding who isn't even in the squad. B]

That worked well for them then :lolol:

Stumpy Tim said:
Once again, over your head

Your capacity for self-delusion is amazing. Keep it up, it's pretty entertaining too :lolol:

Icy Gull said:
That worked well for them then :lolol:

Not that I could be bothered to go on Waccoe, but I wonder who their new scapegoat is now :lolol: Dan did well to miss that derby disaster :smokin:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
He auditioned very hard to become our panto villain so he now has to take it :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I think Harding would have to be the panto dame with his girly hair . :lolol: Widow Twanky (deliberately misspelt)

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
London Irish said:
Not that I could be bothered to go on Waccoe, but I wonder who their new scapegoat is now :lolol: Dan did well to miss that derby disaster :smokin:
They're back onto Gary Kelly for the time being ;-)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here