Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harding...

Stumpy Tim said:
Prick. Another sad family trait is being succesful in our careers rather than being a sad wannabe hack

And is if to illustrate the point brilliantly :lolol: Great timing :clap:

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh I dont think McGhee thought he was crap. In my edited post I think Mcghee knew Harding was f***ing around so he had to play him.

Plus McGhee didnt have the options he has this season. Or thought about playing Reid in that position as a stop gap.

Anyway Harding is yesterdays news. The king is dead long live the king.

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

London Irish said:
And is if to illustrate the point brilliantly :lolol: Great timing :clap:

You don't understand the fact that I was trying to call you names to prove your point, knowing you would then claim how clever you are. But it's probably gone well over your head. That's because you're an unintelligent fool - and it seems people in your industry recognise such, which is why you spend your time checking other people's spelling mistakes

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Oh I dont think McGhee thought he was crap. In my edited post I think Mcghee knew Harding was f***ing around so he had to play him.

Plus McGhee didnt have the options he has this season. Or thought about playing Reid in the that position as a stop gap.

I agree Reid has done well. But it's a stretch to think he would have kept Harding out of the team now, but not impossible I grant you.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Harding was only picked for the U21's due to a chronic shortage of left footed players, if wasn't for Taylor's close links with the club then he wouldn't of been picked.

Harding will be found out over the next season, and if it wasn't for his agent (probably the most talented of the two) he wouldn't of gone to Leeds.

Stumpy Tim said:
You don't understand the fact that I was trying to call you names to prove your point, knowing you would then claim how clever you are. But it's probably gone well over your head.

That must be it :lolol:

Stumpy Tim said:
why you spend your time checking other people's spelling mistakes

Eh? I've only ever done that once in the entire 3 years I've been on NSC, to your brother, because I knew it would make him lose his cool, and bless 'im, he bought it :lol:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
LI you know how difficult it is to find a left-back in this country. A young English one with a modicum of potential is even rarer. So Harding was played. He was not without talent, but he wasn't exactly very good. To get that much money for someone responsible for countless mistakes is a damn blessing. He neither has the poise, positioning, skill or brain to make at it this level, in my opinion.

Meade's_Ball said:
He was not without talent, but he wasn't exactly very good.

You see, I think it's those two conflicting opinions that the Harding critics struggle to reconcile.

The truth is, Dan Harding is a very good player but made a series of mistakes in his development as a young footballer that led a small minority to scapegoat him and thus exaggerate his failings out of all proportion.

It's a silly bandwagon that I think many, many people on here have declined to board.

That said, abusing Harding on Saturday was great, because it was funny :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Easy 10 said:
Dunno how "complex" it is...the general consensus on that Leeds board is that Harding is indeed shit - a conclusion that was reached by a large number of Albion fans last season, based on seeing the fella play week-in week-out.

I'd say his good games came in around about a 1:5 ratio - and thats being generous.

!!!!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Has Harding been playing for the U21s? I dont think he has, oh maybe Taylor has realised he isnt that good as well as the rest of us! I personally think Mcghee played Harding because the other option was kerry Mayo who is probably about as competent, but had less potential and therefore wouldnt have made us all that money.

But hey, what do I know, I dont know EXACTLY what MM is thinking ALL the time unlike LI.

And LI why do you have to be such a self righteous arse ALL the time? You are probably one of the most unpopular posters on this board from what I can gauge, it's almost as though you revel in the attention of disagreeing with the majority at almost every opportunity, whilst trying to belittle whoever you are in disagreement with. Sometimes I agree with you, sometimes I dont, but most posts you are involved in seem to turn into childish squables with someone or other.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
See how our nominated left back performs agianst the wingers of Sheffield United; Webber, Gillespie, Quinn.

Under 21 England international = Premiership reserve or squad player like J Lloyd Samuel.

I thought Dan Harding was good as a standard left back , but his concentration tended to wander. Left back is more important than right back because of the preponderance of right-sided players.

If CK Richards is as good we would have won the best part of the bargain. I doubt it somehow.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I won't try to defend LI - he's big enough to do that himself - but I would totally disagree about him being an unpopular poster. When you consider some of the total cr*p that appears here, his writings are always well thought out and lucid. In fact, the only real gripe I have with him is the continued use of smileys that seem to be poking fun at those he disagrees with. It's not necessary as he's quite capable of winning an argument through wordpower alone.

Other than that, I would rather read a thread that he's contributed to - as I know there'll be some sort balance to what would otherwise be a tediously one sided argument against one player/manager/director or another.

If LI ever leaves this board it will be a much worse place to visit.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I also enjoy his spats with UB among others.

I still blame Oatway :angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Jim D said:
I won't try to defend LI - he's big enough to do that himself - but I would totally disagree about him being an unpopular poster. When you consider some of the total cr*p that appears here, his writings are always well thought out and lucid. In fact, the only real gripe I have with him is the continued use of smileys that seem to be poking fun at those he disagrees with. It's not necessary as he's quite capable of winning an argument through wordpower alone.

Other than that, I would rather read a thread that he's contributed to - as I know there'll be some sort balance to what would otherwise be a tediously one sided argument against one player/manager/director or another.

If LI ever leaves this board it will be a much worse place to visit.
I agree with quite a lot of what he has to say, and he is of course entitled to hold whatever view he wants. But you've said it yourself - the needless smilies indicating belittlement along with the pomposity of his words make it difficult for me to hold any respect for what he has to say. Why bother debating with him?

I can list several fairly rational posters who seem to blow a gasket whenever the plastic fella gets involved. It isn't a coincidence.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
The problem with Li is that people get out argued, resort to insults, he responds in kind then the thread degenerates into an endless list of his detractors screaming "look teacher he's being horrible again". If you don't like him ignore him. He won't go away, but you'll find your foaming at the mouth a lot less.

He does dig himself into corners but his points re Harding are to some extent valid. The mob, however have spoken - Harding is a turncoat who is crap. I do wonder why some people are so upset that he's left when they thought he was such a poor footballer???

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Voroshilov said:
The problem with Li is that people get out argued, resort to insults, he responds in kind then the thread degenerates
Absolute rubbish. He normally falls into belittlement mode, presumably frustrated because people don't accept what wise old LI has to say. And the reason is that sometimes - just sometimes - he talks absolute shite, just like the rest of us.

Oct 20, 2004
Jesus.

Sad, obsessed and bitter. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here