Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harding...

Easy 10 said:
Dunno how "complex" it is...the general consensus on that Leeds board is that Harding is indeed shit - a conclusion that was reached by a large number of Albion fans last season, based on seeing the fella play week-in week-out.

And it doesn't ever give you pause for thought that footballing professionals like McGhee, Taylor and Blackwell, for some earthly reason, pick him? :)

I guess the zealous scapegoating minority on football messageboards are a truer barometer of footballing talent :drink: :drink: :drink:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I've always thought Harding was a good player - ever since I first saw him against Bris R (away) in the Coke Cup about 2 years ago. I can't believe that anyone really believes he only had 1 good game in 6. If he did then McGhee must have been looking the other way an awful lot.
In fact, the only games in which he struggled were toward Christmas last year (when there was a lot of speculation about a move). He had a very bad game against Millwall, which many of us saw.
There seems to be a lot of sour grapes about at the moment.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
And it doesn't ever give you pause for thought that footballing professionals like McGhee, Taylor and Blackwell, for some earthly reason, pick him? :)
And it doesn't ever give you pause for thought that footballing professionals like Coppell, for some earthly reason, DIDN'T pick £1.5million man, Adam Virgo?

Hey, this belittling game is quite easy isn't it?

So now that we've established that sometimes even "footballing professionals" make mistakes, can I also point out that Mark McGhee is blatently not all that fussed about seeing him leave, seeing as our defence has clearly not missed the floppy haired muppet's contribution?

Last edited:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Tom,
just for interest I had a look on one of leeds's independent boards (http://www.leedsutd-mad.co.uk/news/loadrprt.asp?CID=MTCH) and their ratings for Dan were..

Millwall 5
Cardiff 6
Luton 6
Wolves 8 (joint MOM)
Norwich 7 (equal top of 6)
Brighton 7 (best defender)

This doesn't seem to stack up against the assessment of 'the Leeds fans' that you quote. Of course I didn't check all the boards (but that was the first one I found in Google).

Could your grapes be a little sour?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Jim D said:
Tom,
just for interest I had a look on one of leeds's independent boards (http://www.leedsutd-mad.co.uk/news/loadrprt.asp?CID=MTCH) and their ratings for Dan were..

Millwall 5
Cardiff 6
Luton 6
Wolves 8 (joint MOM)
Norwich 7 (equal top of 6)
Brighton 7 (best defender)

This doesn't seem to stack up against the assessment of 'the Leeds fans' that you quote. Of course I didn't check all the boards (but that was the first one I found in Google).

Could your grapes be a little sour?

Jim,
Not sour grapes at all mate. Losing Harding has made our team stronger, and their's weaker. And the club benefits from the ridiculously high valuation. What's to not like? And the bloke I was quoting is from the first page on the link up top of this thread. The actual quote:

'5 and a half shit performances and 1/2 a decent one against Wolves. '

That's one of their fans saying that, not one of ours.

Made me chuckle anyway :D

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
From the look of their board they're all very upset about dropping 2 points to little Brighton and have picked on Harding as a scapegoat.

Somehow I don't think the Leeds move is going to work out for Dan. They are very hard fans to please and are used to watching quality, until very recently.

Dan is a young player learning his trade. If he had stayed with the Albion he would have done OK this season, but up there he's going to be out of his depth.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I am very glad he didn't stay I have to be honest. I remember seeing him play as a left winger in a pre-season friendly against Leicester, and I thought he was great, but a left back..?? No way, not his position, and two of the three goals on Saturday originated down his side of the pitch, and he faced up Carole for the second.

He's not good enough for this level, FACT.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagull73 said:
I am very glad he didn't stay I have to be honest. I remember seeing him play as a left winger in a pre-season friendly against Leicester, and I thought he was great, but a left back..?? No way, not his position, and two of the three goals on Saturday originated down his side of the pitch, and he faced up Carole for the second.

He's not good enough for this level, FACT.

and mayo is?

Id have Harding over kerry any day

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dick Knights Mum said:
Well I always rated him. He was not consistent, but then he is a young lad. Just needed better advisors.

I also rated him, can't blame him for trying to better himself, but he went about it the wrong way. Don't know how much of his transfer was made available but we are a much better side this year, even taking into account the loss of Virgo and Harding so we seem to have come out in front anyway. Harding is going to have to be very good to progress at Leeds imo

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Harding will end up a Div 1 Journeyman settling at Crawley to end his career and Im gonna enjoy watching his demise immensly. :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:

I guess the zealous scapegoating minority on football messageboards are a truer barometer of footballing talent :drink: :drink: :drink:

Two out of three have also dropped him at some point for being crap.

Only a matter of time before Blackwell does. Trouble is it will be just before they are due to pay us more cash.

Last edited:

Simster said:
So now that we've established that sometimes even "footballing professionals" make mistakes, can I also point out that Mark McGhee is blatently not all that fussed about seeing him leave, seeing as our defence has clearly not missed the floppy haired muppet's contribution?

You really believe that McGhee was not fussed to see Harding leave? I've never seen him discuss a situation with more anger and bitterness.

You really paint yourself into corners on occasions, don't you? :lolol:

Granted, it's not uncommon for ONE manager to make a mistake about a player EARLY in their careers like Virgo. But what are the odds on THREE managers like McGhee, Taylor and Blackwell ALL BEING WRONG about Harding? :lol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Two out of three have also dropped him at some point for being crap.

Amazing that. You really wonder how Harding played more games than any other player under Mark McGhee last season, don't you? :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
You really believe that McGhee was not fussed to see Harding leave? I've never seen him discuss a situation with more anger and bitterness.

You really paint yourself into corners on occasions, don't you? :lolol:
You can't even make your point without acting like a condescending plum.

The reason McGhee was so bitter was because of the way he was PISSED ABOUT in contract negotiations and the fact that it gave him a job to do. Our defence looks better without him in it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
Amazing that. You really wonder how Harding played more games than any other player under Mark McGhee last season, don't you? :)

Would have been Virgs had it not been for suspensions.

McGhee still dropped him (Harding) for a time due to crapness. I suppose McGhee also fielded him because he knew Harding was f***ing around and had to put him in the shop window.

Last edited:

Simster said:
You can't even make your point without acting like a condescending plum.

And you can't make your point without ad hominem attacks, but a sad family trait I guess :)

If you made the argument you just made to McGhee, he would laugh in your face :D

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Would have been Virgs had it not been for suspensions.

McGhee still dropped him (Harding) for a time tho.

OK, I'll give you Virgo. Let's say he would have had the SECOND MOST number of first team appearances last season. Don't you think we're still a fair way from McGhee thinking he's crap? :)

Stumpy Tim

London Irish said:
And you can't make your point without ad hominem attacks, but a sad family trait I guess :)

If you made the argument you just made to McGhee, he would laugh in your face :D

Prick. Another sad family trait is being succesful in our careers rather than being a sad wannabe hack

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here