Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harding to Saints

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Alan Pardew is expected to make his first Saints signing today with former Brighton, Leeds and Ipswich full back Dan Harding in line for a free transfer move to St Mary’s.

The Daily Echo understands that the 25-year-old is currently under going a medical and, if there are no complications, the left back is set to be announced as Pardew’s first capture as Saints boss this afternoon.

Harding came through the youth ranks at Brighton, making his first team debut in 2002 and went on to make 67 appearances for the Seagulls before Leeds swooped for him in 2005, paying a fee ordered by a tribunal of £400,000 up front with a further £450,000 based on appearances.

After one season at Leeds, Harding was on the move again, this time to Ipswich as part of a swap deal involving Ian Westlake.

Harding made 73 appearances for Ipswich but last season had loan spells at Southend and Reading before being told his contract at Portman Road was not going to be renewed.

Harding’s signing gives Pardew a recognised first team option at left back with Joseph Mills and Lee Molyneux his only other choices in that position.

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
A player who thinks he's good enough for the Championship, to a team that think they should be in the Premiership, but will be battling in the bottom half of Div 1 next season

I'm happy with that.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Surely no big surprise he's joined another club. At no time has there been any serious talk of him signing for the Albion. Whilst I believe in competition for places perhaps McNulty and Harding vying for left-back was always unrealistic. He's a good player, he'll do well for them.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
At least he behaved nicely when we played against him at Southend.

Prick.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Would of taken him but he's used us again

He can't win with some people can he? Now that he's gone somewhere else (which really isn't unusual after training with a club to stay fit) he's apparently 'used' us. Yet if he'd stayed, doubtless you and many others would have been deriding him as shit from the moment he signed and whenever he played.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He can't win with some people can he? Now that he's gone somewhere else (which really isn't unusual after training with a club to stay fit) he's apparently 'used' us. Yet if he'd stayed, doubtless you and many others would have been deriding him as shit from the moment he signed and whenever he played.

Nope you're wrong. Will back any player that we sign.

He used us to get fit.....no denying that

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004

Spot on. People bitch about him joining us on trial, because he's apparently shite, then they bitch about him leaving us, because ... who knows.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He only trained with us, I don't see a problem.

It's not a massive problem and I don't give a massive shit, but it's more the the way he left us before I don't see why we should of helped him out to get fit.

The way it was reported that he was on trial also gave it a twist.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Not surprised he's gone somewhere else, but the fact its Southampton, and that means it's Pardew, does add a little bit to it.

McNulty is the better full back anyway, so I'm not fussed.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So people didn't want him to sign for us and now he has gone somewhere else people aren't happy either. He was only ever training with us which is why he didn't play in any preseason games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here