Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hardest player to play for the Albion?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Paul Clark without any doubt. Anyone else remember the day he broke Lil Fuccilo's leg?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kent Seagull said:
Paul Clark without any doubt. Anyone else remember the day he broke Lil Fuccilo's leg?

I can still hear the "crack" that silenced a pretty packed Goldstone :eek: :sick:

I think it was the poor bugger's comeback game from.....a broken leg

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dies Irae said:
mickey thomas

You're extracting the urine aren't you ? He was shite on and off the pitch.

The hardest player we ever had was Alex Dawson who thought smashing a goalkeeper into the back of the net was a fair proposition. I remember him battering future England international keeper Phil Parkes into the back of the net when Parkes was a youngster at Walsall. Parkes (not a small chap) got up and was about to give Dawson a slap until he saw what a huge bastard he was.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
brightonfan_86 said:
1. Danny Cullip
Was Danny Cullip REALLY that hard though? I know he looked hard - ripped torso, gold tooth, tattoos - and he certainly acted hard - biffing that other bloke whose name escapes me - but on the pitch, I don't remember he being anything other than quite a cultured full-back (if that's not a contradiction in terms); I'm struggling to remember a really filthy dirty tackle, like the great OGH sometimes commits.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Man of Harveys said:
Was Danny Cullip REALLY that hard though? I know he looked hard - ripped torso, gold tooth, tattoos - and he certainly acted hard - biffing that other bloke whose name escapes me - but on the pitch, I don't remember he being anything other than quite a cultured full-back (if that's not a contradiction in terms); I'm struggling to remember a really filthy dirty tackle, like the great OGH sometimes commits.

Did you got Forest when we beat them 1-0, had a nasty head wound and was bleeding everywhere, he went off to get bandaged up and then came back on. Hard as nails in my book.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I'm in the Paul Clark camp: no one near him - and yes I was there when he did his leg-breaker on Fuccilo. Also remember his first game and within 5 minutes we knew we'd got a tank on the team. Fabulous.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Can't believe nobody has mentioned Ian Chapman!!!

I remember a game at the Goldstone where him and Case were trying to out-do each other in the tackling stakes - it ended up in a draw with one man stretchered off a-peice!!

:lolol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Hans Kray :clap: :clap:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Curious Orange said:
Can't believe nobody has mentioned Ian Chapman!!!

I remember a game at the Goldstone where him and Case were trying to out-do each other in the tackling stakes - it ended up in a draw with one man stretchered off a-peice!!

:lolol:
And yet a nicer bloke off the pitch you could never wish to meet. I was at Longhill with him, a diamond bloke and hugely skillful of course. Used to play Wembley pairs with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here