Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Thanksgiving

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Why? This isn't america.

I never knew this was a strictly UK-only website these days. Damn shame but...hey if you say so.

Very happy Thanksgiving to anyone celebrating tomorrow. I love it: like Christmas but without all the crap.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Thank you. We all have lots to be thankful for. Amex Stadium, Championship Football, Great Chairman, an interesting manager and plenty of hope for the future.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I never knew this was a strictly UK-only website these days. Damn shame but...hey if you say so.

Very happy Thanksgiving to anyone celebrating tomorrow. I love it: like Christmas but without all the crap.

The majority of people on here are english, and you guessed it, from sussex. Thanks giving is for yanks and canucks.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
My mate reckons Thanksgiving is celebrated in Australia,I told him he was talking bollocks as the seasons are arse backwards i.e it is now Spring in the Southern Hemisphere,so how are they going to have a harvest to give thanks for?Maybe one of the more enlightened of you out there on Planet Internet could solve this puzzling situation and prevent us coming to blows.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Thank you. We all have lots to be thankful for. Amex Stadium, Championship Football, Great Chairman, an interesting manager and plenty of hope for the future.

....and the phillies and the eagles..

Happy holidays to all our American friends.

Fur Cough

I fully expect to be receiving a phone call from one of my mates at about 3 in the morning who will be fully tanked up extolling the greatness of America for the tenth year running.:facepalm:

D

Deleted member 18477

i wish england had thanksgiving... another day off work would be delightful just before christmas... and the food, oh the food, oh no im salivating...:tantrum:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The majority of people on here are english, and you guessed it, from sussex. Thanks giving is for yanks and canucks.

What a real shame that you and your treasured, invaluable wisdom shown by dazzlingly well-observed insights like this one weren't around to point this out to, say, Robert Eaton when he used to post on here and who I suspect may well have enjoyed a day off and some turkey as much as other Albion expats in US will be doing today.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just had the full turkey meal at my girlfriends and now watching some of the Packers Lions game (Packers are hammering the Lions 20-0) before heading back to the UK. Like Man of Harveys I really like it – it’s my favourite US holiday, it’s very much a family holiday and I find Americans are very inclusive of all us ‘expats’ for this celebration.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
My mate reckons Thanksgiving is celebrated in Australia,I told him he was talking bollocks as the seasons are arse backwards i.e it is now Spring in the Southern Hemisphere,so how are they going to have a harvest to give thanks for?Maybe one of the more enlightened of you out there on Planet Internet could solve this puzzling situation and prevent us coming to blows.

Isn't the Yankee one, thanksgiving because the Native Americans ( Red Indians. Pockerhuntus, Capt. John Smith etc.) saved the bacon of the first settlers when they failed to harvest anything and all the Turkeys had been sold to Walmart. ( Some of this may not be exactly as it happened.)

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Am smoking a 10 lb. pork shoulder -- barbecue is at least as American as turkey -- for pulled pork later tonight.

Had to shovel my way to the smoker, though, through 11" of snow.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Maybe The Phillies. Definitely not The Eagles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here