Worthing
Happy Paddy's Day - to be sure!!

leprechaun9ks.jpg

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Grendel said:
Stop moaning about it you miserable buggers - it's a piss up, that's the important thing.

Yup thet it is!:drink: :drink:

More of the Black stuff.............my favorite:bowdown:

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
chez said:
Couldnt care less about micks day. Our day is St Georges day, thats the day we should be celebrating - thankfully more and more people are beginning to realise this.

If you start celebrating it, can we have Bass and Carling promotions for it in pubs all across the world? :jester:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
why is there no orange on st georges day for protestants . .. there should be.

been hijacked by catholics

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
MYOB said:
If you start celebrating it, can we have Bass and Carling promotions for it in pubs all across the world? :jester:

Rather you didnt, it should be reserved for the English. A countries day should be about its citizens celebrating the fact that they come from the said country, not about every other national just using it as an excuse to get pissed and wear stupid hats.

BTW I've been celebrating St Georges day since I can remember, only recently though have people realised why after a few too many beers my mates and I start up a rendition of Jerusalem!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've just got my free stupid hat, after earning 4 Guiness tokens.
Marvellous.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Dougal said:
why is there no orange on st georges day for protestants . .. there should be.

been hijacked by catholics
Isn't the whole thing of celebrating a patron saints day a catholic practice anyway. The paddys are a catholic country and thats why they make a fuss, we aren't so we don't.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
If some English people could enjoy St George's day in the same way some English people enjoy St Patrick's day then maybe it could start to become a bit of a laugh. Doubt it though.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
An oldie but goldie, wheeled back out of the cut 'n' paste bin for Paddy's Day:

At a world brewing convention, the CEOs of various Brewers retired to the bar at the end of each day's conference.

Bruce, CEO of Fosters, shouts to the Barman: "In 'Strylya, we make the best bladdy beer in the world, so pour me a Bladdy Fosters, mate."

Bob, CEO of Budweiser, calls out next: "In the States, we brew the finest beers in the world, and I make the King of them all, gimme a Bud."

Hans steps up next: "In Germany ve invented das beer, verdamt. Give me ein Becks, ya ist Der real King of beers, danke."

Paddy, CEO of Guinness, steps forward: "Barman, would ya give me a doyet coke wid ice and lemon. Tanks."

The others stare at him in stunned silence, amazement written all over their faces. Eventually Bruce asks: "Are you not going to have a Guinness, Pat?"

Paddy replies: "Well, if you fookin' pansies aren't drinkin', then neither am I".

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I'm not into St Patrick's Day. But I had looked forward to joining the Saw Doctors at their Paddy Bash in Cleveland tonight, despite the 14 hour round trip. However something's come up and will have to make do with Frankie Valli's St Mario's Day bash tomorrow instead.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Believe it or not I dreamt I was out on the piss in Kilburn last night. Green White and Gold emblazoned everywhere.

Hopefully, Brighton lives up to it.

La Fheile Padraig Sona Duit

Sleanta:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here