• Already left - I want to come home

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • My flight have been booked

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Want to but where/when?

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • Want to but can't becuase of work/family/financial reasons

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I was born here, I shall die here (for the patriots)

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Have no desire to leave this green and pleasant land

Votes: 24 27.0%

• Total voters

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
as emigration rates rise year on year, is this a result of people not feeling happy living within the united kingdom? midlands people in particular seem to be flooding down under with 36,000 people leaving britain in 2004 compared with 24,000 in 1995. the government in austraila suggests that skilled workers from abroad are in desperate need to fill nearly 100,000 vacancies but what do the people on nsc feel? here's a liittle graph to get the juices flowing.

20061102_international_migration_2005.gif

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Out of here in about three years, once I have some more qualifications and the kids are done with school. Won't even look back.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I voted our flight have been booked but technically that is not true.

I don't like England at all, we are only here because of Paddy and his work. We are out of here in the next 18months/2 years. We are going to split our time between Egypt, Luxembourg and Ireland (home.) We lived in Egypt up until a few years ago and I had to be dragged kicking and screaming back here. We missed a few things but the things we missed and went without don't make me want to stay. I regret absolutely coming back, I would have stamped my feet a little harder at the time if I had realised. lol

I am in the process of selling my business and properties that I own it should be all done at the end of the year, then I am out of here, I will miss my beloved Albion but thats all.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Having left the UK just over four years ago I can safely say we won't return. At the same time we don't want to remain in Ireland for the rest of our lives either. Nice place and all that but the weather's not great and there doesn't seem to be much for our kids as they grow up down here in the sticks.

Sadly, as an unqualified accountant and nearing 43 my chances of going to USA/Canada/Australia/New Zealand/anyonewhollacceptme seem to be not good.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I've had enough of so many things about this country, tax, crime, population, and so on, but I just can't decide what to do about it. I would miss Sussex, Friends and the Albion but that's about it.

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Been away since 1990 and it would take a very special position in my company to get me back though as mentioned above, a great place to visit.

brb - just going for swim before the pool closes for the night..;)

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Been thinking about it since my brother emigrated to Vancouver Island in 2001 (his mother-in-law is Canadian). He used to live in Coldean, and would always be bitching about Brighton and the poor schooling, then he went out there, got hooked, and moved.

Not sure how immigration works, can you move out to Canada say, if you have a brother who has dual passports?

My wife has cousins in Australia too.

The thing that always makes me think twice, is if it doesn't work out, buying a home back in the UK is gonna be a struggle due to the house prices!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Strange, and maybe a bit sad, but up to about 2 years ago, Mrs P was ready to up sticks and go, but I wouldn't with the sole reason being Albion. Now however, I'm itching to go but we can't really as her daughter is about to start year 11 (5th form to older viewers) so it wouldn't be fair to her.

Once her schooling is done and dusted and she is safely esconsed in college/uni, we'll be off. South of France being prime destination.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
says the one constantly banging on about europe? there are better places, plain and simple. and our accents do wonders....

that's exactly my point you mongtard. there are lots of far better places but stupid kunts like you keep me here.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Having left the UK just over four years ago I can safely say we won't return. At the same time we don't want to remain in Ireland for the rest of our lives either. Nice place and all that but the weather's not great and there doesn't seem to be much for our kids as they grow up down here in the sticks.

Sadly, as an unqualified accountant and nearing 43 my chances of going to USA/Canada/Australia/New Zealand/anyonewhollacceptme seem to be not good.

You've not got the 'rural kid raising' thing down to a T yet I see.. when they're 17, you get them a car and send them to Dublin :lolol::lolol:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
2 kids aged 9months and 4 years with the 4 yr old about to start school are the only thing keeping me here! Missus doesn't want to leave her family but I would leave this dump without a second thought. Crime (of which I have obvious knowledge), immigration out of control and a soul-less uncaring society populated by increasing numbers of scrounging, cynical thieving bastards who think the world owes them something are just a few of the reasons I want out, there are many more but I struggle to counter those negative views with enough good reasons to want to stay.

I retire from the job in 15 years and will be on the first plane out to retire in Oz near where my sister lives. Good quality of life, low cost of living, great weather, love their sport, ice cold beer, miles of open space and not a white tracksuited cocknobbing lambrini chugging pasty faced tosser in sight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here