Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy 70th Birthday Bob Dylan

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
"Make you feel my love" - Apologies for my ignorance but I never realised that was a Dylan song. Just searched on Spotify the original and there has been a huge number of covers - bet the royalties come in handy. Even Jeremy Irons has had a go at it!

Not a huge fan of Dylan but have seen him live 3 times as wife is. Definitely has charisma.

Apparently it's quite popular on x-factor, too. I know it as a garth brooks song (from his double live album), but also have the billy joel one and the adele one. Trisha yearwood's version was used in the 'good for a lazy sunday morning' Hope Floats (dir Forest Whitaker, starring Sandra Bullock and Harry Connick Jr).

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Happy Birthday Your Bobness
Guess I am something of a huge lifelong fan.
First saw him live at Blackbushe in 1978 and another 31 times in the ensuing years. Highlights include following him around Europe in 1989 (his live performances were better than a lot of the crap he was recording at the time), staying in the same hotel as him in Brussels and having a quick word with him backstage at the Forest National gig on the same tour, then four consecutive nights at the Hammersmith Apollo in 1990 and some storming gigs on his 2000 tour.
The man is a creative God and his influence is everywhere in contemporary music.
Hppay birthday Bob and may the never ending tour be never ending

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
my facebook profile pic happens to be this timeless image:

Attachments

• dylanbulb2.jpg
    dylanbulb2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 57

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Walt Jabsco did you realy just say that!!!!!!!!!
One trick Pony......Bob Dylan..........excuse me for asking but do you know who he is??
Guessing by your comments I will give you a clue, He wasnt in steps!

UNBELEIVABLE!!!!!

EddieReader

Aug 15, 2010
They stone you when your playing your guitar, They stone you when driving in your car, But I would not be so all along, Everybody must get stoned. Luv u Bob, " I'll go do the dishes, u go have a beer.........."

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Saw him at the '69 IOW Festival. Waited 3 days until he turned up late on the last night in the freezing cold. He only did a short stint (which was disappointing) but I think it was one of his first concerts after his motorbike crash. The Band were good, the man is a legend.

I was there too. IOW69.jpg

coreyL

Jun 14, 2011
California
Belated happy birthday Bod Dylan, I'm your number one fan. You're 70 and you still rocks, I heard that a recently found collection of your original Bob Dylan lines from the mid-1960s will be placed for auction later this month. Christie's auction house wants to get thousands for the renowned writings. The sale is scheduled for June 23 in New York City. I read this here: One more auction block for Dylan, newstype.com. Interesting, collectors will have a chance to bid on the pages at Christie's auction of fine printed books and manuscripts in New York on June 23.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here