Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hang on, this can't be right?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Partially I agree with what you say.

But what did you expect?

Forster - served us extremely well for 2 and a half seasons after coming in on the cheap, has said he enjoys playing for us.

Murray - had been here 6 months was it? Cost us a fair amount, didn't seem like he was enjoying playing for us and had what some people viewed as a 'lazy' style.

For the above reasons people were going to react differntly. It's what a lot of football fans do. React to the situations they are fed. Not saying it's always right, but it happens.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
i seen to remember him knocking the club last year for leaving contract renewals till the last minute, now they are doing it to him, so he has spoken out. we have all seen the clause in his contract about january and it hasnt happened. so theoretically he is on the transfer list as it appears the club do not want him next year. i hope the club are just a bit slow out of the blocks as far as fozzie is concerned, but the fact hes club captain, top scorer with not a offer on the table does not look good. do we not want him or are we taking it for granted that he will wait until the end of the season.he has made his feelings perfectly clear and i for one do not blame him at all.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
NSC is not some big Borg'ed, assimilated mass of corporate thinkers we are all individuals some post against Glen wanting to run home like a baby and others back Fozzie when he goes public and wants to leave. No double standards, just different posters with different opinions.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
No, I don't think today's news is good, but:

I thought it was agreed on here that THE Nicky Forster that always argues with refs, happily blames his teammates and regularly dives was a "model professional", and someone who comes across well in interviews and is therefore clearly managerial material?

I thought when Glenn Murray handed in a transfer request for personal reasons him and his wife were "twats" who should "f*** off back up North" because "no player is bigger than the club" ?

So it's strange that when Nicky Forster hands in a transfer request the day before a massive game it's obviously the fault of Gus Poyet/Tony Bloom/Ken Brown/El-abd/McGhee etc etc.

Funny really.

Totally agree. :clap2:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Show me the other threads about the double standards of Brighton fans?

Happy to moan at players that are perceived as unpopular.

Happy to criticise when anyone dare criticises popular players.

Happy to ignore facts that are staring them in the face and blame others when a "popular" player makes a f*** up.

:nono:

Yikes, I find myself in agreement with most of what WW says.

I do think however that NF is playing a cute game. There are a dozen players out of contract in June at the Albion, all of whom are free to find another club now, NF is just making some noise to alert interested parties, and to see if he can get a reaction from the Albion.

Personally I would love it if he stays, he is a pleasure to watch, but I suspect until we know what division we are in there will not be too many contracts being handed out.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
THE Nicky Forster that always argues with refs, happily blames his teammates and regularly dives was a "model professional", and someone who comes across well in interviews and is therefore clearly managerial material?

I don't think anyone on here would describe Mr Forster like this. Apart from a person that revels in the clubs decline.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The difference being, Glenn was less than a year into a 3 year deal when he started chucking the transfer requests around, the club had made a sizable outlay in bringing him in, and he'd spent a large part of that time on the treatment table. The injuries wern't his fault of course, but there was a feeling that he at least owed the club a few games and a few goals before fecking off back up north with his miserable missus.

Forster, on the other hand, will be unemployed in 4 months time unless the club put something on the table for him. And given the service he's given this club over the last couple of years, I think he deserves better than that.

Quite. They are different circumstances:

Murray - Handed in a transfer request because he and his family weren't happy here, they wanted away (thankfully his personal life has apparently settled, and he is happy to stay here)

Forster - Didn't actually hand in a transfer request, but made it known he is assuming the lack of contract offer means the club don't want him and he is going to look elsewhere, while making it clear he'd like to stay. i.e. he is trying to force the cub to start negotiations.

Murray (at the time) wanted away. Fans don't want someone who doesn't want to be here.
Forster wanted to stay but feels like the club don't want him. The fans want someone who wants to play for us.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
No, I don't think today's news is good, but:

I thought it was agreed on here that THE Nicky Forster that always argues with refs, happily blames his teammates and regularly dives was a "model professional", and someone who comes across well in interviews and is therefore clearly managerial material?

I thought when Glenn Murray handed in a transfer request for personal reasons him and his wife were "twats" who should "f*** off back up North" because "no player is bigger than the club" ?

So it's strange that when Nicky Forster hands in a transfer request the day before a massive game it's obviously the fault of Gus Poyet/Tony Bloom/Ken Brown/El-abd/McGhee etc etc.

Funny really.

Spot on again WW. Well done. A fine judge of the prevailing mood.
Or perhaps not.
Who is to blame for the Forster fiasco? - North Stand Chat

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think the odd thing here is that Forster is a model professional and this seems completely out of character. Knight, Murray etc was no surprise but this is. Which makes me think the club is f***ing him over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here