Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hang on, this can't be right?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
No, I don't think today's news is good, but:

I thought it was agreed on here that THE Nicky Forster that always argues with refs, happily blames his teammates and regularly dives was a "model professional", and someone who comes across well in interviews and is therefore clearly managerial material?

I thought when Glenn Murray handed in a transfer request for personal reasons him and his wife were "twats" who should "f*** off back up North" because "no player is bigger than the club" ?

So it's strange that when Nicky Forster hands in a transfer request the day before a massive game it's obviously the fault of Gus Poyet/Tony Bloom/Ken Brown/El-abd/McGhee etc etc.

Funny really.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe its in protest at Navarro being recalled...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Funny, but not funny enough to warrant the 26th Forster thread of the day.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You cant really blame the bloke , he is out of contract at the end of the season and by doing this he is alerting other clubs that he will be available if they come in with an early offer.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Funny, but not funny enough to warrant the 26th Forster thread of the day.

Show me the other threads about the double standards of Brighton fans?

Happy to moan at players that are perceived as unpopular.

Happy to criticise when anyone dare criticises popular players.

Happy to ignore facts that are staring them in the face and blame others when a "popular" player makes a f*** up.

:nono:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I thought it was agreed on here that THE Nicky Forster that always argues with refs, happily blames his teammates and regularly dives was a "model professional", and someone who comes across well in interviews and is therefore clearly managerial material?

I thought when Glenn Murray handed in a transfer request for personal reasons him and his wife were "twats" who should "f*** off back up North" because "no player is bigger than the club" ?

So it's strange that when Nicky Forster hands in a transfer request the day before a massive game it's obviously the fault of Gus Poyet/Tony Bloom/Ken Brown/El-abd/McGhee etc etc.

Funny really.

spot on.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
In actually with ww on this one. Amazing double standards being shown today.

With Forster it's 'he wants to further his career' by putting in a transfer request outside the TRANSFER WINDOW

yet holroyd who was considering his options IN a transfer window was aparently a greedy twat who was 'too big for his boots'. Odd.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
In actually with ww on this one. Amazing double standards being shown today.

With Forster it's 'he wants to further his career' by putting in a transfer request outside the TRANSFER WINDOW

yet holroyd who was considering his options IN a transfer window was aparently a greedy twat who was 'too big for his boots'. Odd.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
In my opinion, it's a big statement the club are making. I think it's been made pretty clear that we won't be seeing anymore 'loyalty contracts' as per Gary Hart and Kerry Mayo before him. Which in fairness, isn't a bad thing in the sense that it frees up the wage bill for the real quality we desperately lack, but I must admit I am pretty shocked that Forster (who said himself he'd like 'nothing more' than to extend his stay here) hasn't warranted a new contract which I think it's safe to say he knows he isn't going to get for whatever reason.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Show me the other threads about the double standards of Brighton fans?

Happy to moan at players that are perceived as unpopular.

Happy to criticise when anyone dare criticises popular players.

Happy to ignore facts that are staring them in the face and blame others when a "popular" player makes a f*** up.

:nono:

Some people are fucktards. Get used to it, and stop moaning about it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Perhaps its all down to whether Fozzy is part of Poyet's plan to gain promotion next season.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Odd that the club have not come out and said this is 'complete rubbish'. Normally Insider would be straight in there.

Perhaps the levels of communication are not what they could be at Brighton. I seem to remember that the sacking of Wilkins and appointment of Adams came as a complete surprise to Forster. You think that the board might speak with a senior player and wasn't he captain at that stage?

There are massive double standards being shown here. I agree with what you say.

Murray should never have faced the abuse that he did when there were obviously things going on behind the scenes. It is not as if he was refusing to play or sitting on his contract to see it out.

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
is this actually happened or just more speculation brought about by gossipmongers who have nothing better to do. i havent seen it quoted anywhere other than on here.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

Funny really.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Double standards on NSC? Never :lol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Odd that the club have not come out and said this is 'complete rubbish'. Normally Insider would be straight in there.

Perhaps the levels of communication are not what they could be at Brighton. I seem to remember that the sacking of Wilkins and appointment of Adams came as a complete surprise to Forster. You think that the board might speak with a senior player and wasn't he captain at that stage?

There are massive double standards being shown here. I agree with what you say.

Murray should never have faced the abuse that he did when there were obviously things going on behind the scenes. It is not as if he was refusing to play or sitting on his contract to see it out.
I know its only the Argus website and there seems to be nothing on the BHA website but...
No transfer list for Forster say Albion From The Argus)

No transfer list for Forster say Albion
4:41pm Friday 5th February 2010

By Andy Naylor »

Albion have denied Nicky Forster has been put on the transfer list by mutual consent and clarified the situation regarding his future at the club.

Managing director Ken Brown said: "Nicky's situation is that he is out of contract end of the season and was free from January to sign for another club if he so wished.

"That has not altered. He has not handed in a written transfer request to the best of my knowledge and if he did it would be totally pointless. We couldn't transfer him, because the transfer window has closed.

"We are a little bit bemused by it. The club has made no decision yet on the players out of contract. That is the manager's decision and he will advise the players as and when he sees fit."

Albion announced last weekend that Adam El-Abd has signed a new 18-month deal.

Brown added: "Adam El-Abd's contract extension offer was made by the manager before Christmas and before other players were told no decisions would be made."

Also

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?p=3338365#post3338365

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The difference being, Glenn was less than a year into a 3 year deal when he started chucking the transfer requests around, the club had made a sizable outlay in bringing him in, and he'd spent a large part of that time on the treatment table. The injuries wern't his fault of course, but there was a feeling that he at least owed the club a few games and a few goals before fecking off back up north with his miserable missus.

Forster, on the other hand, will be unemployed in 4 months time unless the club put something on the table for him. And given the service he's given this club over the last couple of years, I think he deserves better than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here