Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hands up all those who will blub like a girl when they take their seat at Falmer

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
:wave:

Looking at Jack's pictures and remembering the first time I got to see the old Wembley ( england vs Italy 1972), walking up wembley way,around the concourse and then up the stairs, to be faced with this magnificent site of a full house, beautiful lush green pitch and feeling the atmosphere.

I cant wait till 2011 and our dream comes true.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am too happy today to worry about anything having been told that actually my back problem is not as " living on a knife edge" as a consultant told me last year, so I can start playing cricket again...wooohooo.

...and Danny, that is my normal saturday afternoon position at Withdean.
:lol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3475653 said:
Won't people wonder why there's an old balding man sitting in his seat randomly crying to himself? ???

course not - we will probably make up 50% of the crowd :falmer:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:wave:
My 1st match, at Falmer, will be my sons first ever. (whether he likes it or not!).
He will be just one year older than I was when my late father took me to Highbury, for my very first game, aged six.

If that doesn't set me off, I will never cry again. :lol:

Last edited:

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
I am too happy today to worry about anything having been told that actually my back problem is not as " living on a knife edge" as a consultant told me last year, so I can start playing cricket again...wooohooo.

...and Danny, that is my normal saturday afternoon position at Withdean.
:lol:

What was up with your hat rack mate?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I will certainly be using the hankie pretending like others I have a bad cold (this of coarse if I'm well enough to get there....wild horses and all that) then the next date is getting back to the top division

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Standing up, watching our boys walk out from the tunnell, onto the pitch for the first time. To the tune of "Good Old Sussex by the Sea". Yep you bet I will blub!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What was up with your hat rack mate?

I have a disk L4/L5 which has started to degenerate and is pressing on the spinal column and I saw a rhumatologist who scared the crap out of me suggesting one fall and I was in a wheelchair! The Orthopaedic surgeon this morning was of a different and 100% more positive opinion

You'll be alright on the day, Dave. Any propensity for an excessive display of emotion will be counterbalanced by your reaction to hearing the squad named on the day ...

... six ... Adam El-Abd ...

:)

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I'll be hard pressed not to shed a tear....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes. I will.

And my 9 year old son sitting next to me won't have a clue why dad is acting in this strange manner.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I will if they play anything from Steps Gold over the tannoy:

"I know you're somewhere else right now, loving someone else somehow, but it's one for sorrow and two too bad..."

"Loves got a hold on my heart..."

"Well I'm a deeper shade of blue, and there's nothing I can do, you're so far away..."

"My boot scooting baby's driving me a crazy his obssession with a western dance hall date, my rodeo romeo, cowboy guy from head to toe...."

:cry: :cry: :cry:

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
I was weeping when Dick knight did his speech about there being pictures drawn by all the children of Brighton at Falmer, I think it was at a pre season freindly with Reading.
I have no doubt I'll be moved to tears at the first game at Falmer!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I visited Falmer for the first time a week ago and was blubbing then. God knows what I'll be like at the first game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here