Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hands Off Cullip Taylor!

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
BensGrandad said:
If he was the best player at the club and had proved hi8s ability at this level I would agree but as he isnt the best player at the club and hasn't yet proved he can handle this level of football I would say the answer is NO he shouldn't be the highest paid player.

At this level Butters is streets ahead of him.

I have to agree with you on this.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
BensGrandad said:
If he was the best player at the club and had proved hi8s ability at this level I would agree but as he isnt the best player at the club and hasn't yet proved he can handle this level of football I would say the answer is NO he shouldn't be the highest paid player.

At this level Butters is streets ahead of him.

Complete Bollox, Cullip is by far the best defender we have, and is proven at this level in my opinion.
How you can say Butters is better baffles me.

Clearly clueless.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Marshy said:
Complete Bollox, Cullip is by far the best defender we have, and is proven at this level in my opinion.
How you can say Butters is better baffles me.

Clearly clueless.

Whatever Marshy, when we don't have Danny in the defence it seems far more organised, in the div 2 and 3 he was a top defender, but is found wanting alot in this league, i still think he is an albion legend and always will be, but this does not make him a quality defender, otherwise he would have left long before now.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
DBS said:
Whatever Marshy, when we don't have Danny in the defence it seems far more organised, in the div 2 and 3 he was a top defender, but is found wanting alot in this league, i still think he is an albion legend and always will be, but this does not make him a quality defender, otherwise he would have left long before now.

What, despite the fact that our defense was a complete shambles at set pieces without him on Saturday?

Last edited:

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Rangdo said:
What, despite the fact that our defense was a complete shambles at set pieces without him on Saturday?

Fair point, but would have to say that was the first time, its been like that without him.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The only reason Danny hasnt gone is his knee and sides dont want to risk it.

Cullip organises the whole side not just the defence, when hes gone/retires you will realise what he does for us, his input cannot be under-estimated.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Marshy said:

Cullip organises the whole side not just the defence, when hes gone/retires you will realise what he does for us, his input cannot be under-estimated.

No don't get me wrong i am a big Danny fan just think that at this level big Guy is a better defender.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I bet if you asked Mghee, Coppell, Adams and Taylor which defender they could have of our squad everyone of them would go for Danny without hesitation.

That sais it all.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Marshy said:
I bet if you asked Mghee, Coppell, Adams and Taylor which defender they could have of our squad everyone of them would go for Danny without hesitation.

That sais it all.

Of Course they would Guy is 34, but no one has come in for danny ever eve nif he was on the transfer list.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If you ask me we're putting far too many of our eggs in one baskety regarding Falmer!!!

DICK KNIGHT OUT!!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
:dunce:

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Marshy said:
regardless of age the answer would still be the same.

Lets agree to disagree

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Marshy said:

I agree Cullip at this stage is still vital, but at times is his style of Captaincy truely benefical? He seems to be a screamer, although he does his best to lead by example, the screaming at players at times is almost bullying. What he did to Pethick at Swindon was unaccpetable and he should have been fined by Taylor.

Now, the reason I am writing these wafflings is to do with Harding. He often looks nervous in an Albion shirt and how much of this is down to the fact that he knows that if he does something wrong Cullip will be screaming in his face? When he played for the U21's in Baku, Callum Davenport was talking to him all game, telling him where players were, when to play the ball and generally encouraging him and Harding looked a different player.

Maybe Cullip needs to refine his style of captaincy?

Patcham BHA

Jul 27, 2004
Cullip

When Cullip had that strop about the training facilities a while back and went on the transfer list at his own request, the club never received a single approach.
I asked him how many clubs had expressed their interest and he said he'd rather not talk about it.

Patcham BHA

Jul 27, 2004
Cullip

At this level he is ok, but his distribution has always been shite and that's why he has never even got close to the top flight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Marshy said:
regardless of age the answer would still be the same.

A younger Butters has played at the top level so there is a good chance that you are wrong and calling people clueless when they disagree with you doesn't make you right ???

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
it is hard to favour one or the other. Cullip has been solid and reliable for many seasons, and Butters has proven many of his critics wrong and has been outstanding for the past two seasons. personally, i would prefer them both at the same time, but thats just me ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here