Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Handing in notice - getting out quick

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Just tell them what you told us. They, I'm sure, will appreciate your honesty and it will make for a better relationship in the future should you ever need them to provide further references etc

If they kick off anyway, then you've got your answer as to how professional a company they really are

Using this approach has worked well for me in the past. 3 jobs I've left before I went self employed have come back to me to do ad hoc consultancy work for them since

I'm not on board with the seemingly unanimous.
I would suggest you explain your side to your current employer, tell them you are fully convinced in the move and making it, but wish to make it as easy as possible for them by giving 2 weeks notice instead of 1 (or whatever you feel is, in some way, a suitable amount of extra time), and working to help that company in their efforts to replace you (from within, I would guess).

Explain to your new employer that you are doing this, and because you feel a debt of honour towards your old employer and company....and including the old workmates that depend on the company surviving.

Do unto others, etc.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I'm not on board with the seemingly unanimous.
I would suggest you explain your side to your current employer, tell them you are fully convinced in the move and making it, but wish to make it as easy as possible for them by giving 2 weeks notice instead of 1 (or whatever you feel is, in some way, a suitable amount of extra time), and working to help that company in their efforts to replace you (from within, I would guess).

Explain to your new employer that you are doing this, and because you feel a debt of honour towards your old employer and company....and including the old workmates that depend on the company surviving.

Do unto others, etc.

is the correct answer

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
It sounds far too good to refuse - if for nothing else than the fact it's local. But on top of that there's more money too - seriously what are you doing you should be biting the new firm's hand off !! If they wanted to get rid of you there would be no compunction whatsoever. Do it politely as you may need them in the future though !
PS Want an assistant ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here