Hampshire vs Sussex - The Official Thread

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
63/3

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
We could do with a couple of overs like this....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4942374.stm

A Yorkshire club cricketer has surpassed Sir Gary Sobers by hitting 42 off a single over.

Jonathan Hughes struck six sixes, a four and a two off medium-pacer Craig Hobson while playing for North Leeds against Hall Park in a Cup match.

The feat was possible because Hobson sent down two no-balls in the over and Hughes went on to make 126 not out.

Former West Indies captain Sobers famously hit 36 off an over for Notts against Glamorgan in 1968.

His record was later matched by India's Ravi Shastri, who struck six sixes while batting for Bombay 21 years ago.

There are, however, no official records for club cricket.

"It seemed to take forever because of the time spent looking for the ball," Hughes commented.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
We could do with a couple of overs like this....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4942374.stm

A Yorkshire club cricketer has surpassed Sir Gary Sobers by hitting 42 off a single over.

Jonathan Hughes struck six sixes, a four and a two off medium-pacer Craig Hobson while playing for North Leeds against Hall Park in a Cup match.

The feat was possible because Hobson sent down two no-balls in the over and Hughes went on to make 126 not out.

Former West Indies captain Sobers famously hit 36 off an over for Notts against Glamorgan in 1968.

His record was later matched by India's Ravi Shastri, who struck six sixes while batting for Bombay 21 years ago.

There are, however, no official records for club cricket.

"It seemed to take forever because of the time spent looking for the ball," Hughes commented.

I played in a game last year where a bowler was hit for 34 off one over.

And it wasn't me: I was the poor sod at long-leg who had to do a lot of leather chasing.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Titanic said:
80/3 at lunch.

CD Hopkinson 35*
CJ Adams 16*
fair recovery... I've put in a COSMIC ORDER for a Grizzly ton...

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Just 11 runs added in the 50 minutes since lunch. :yawn:

91/3
CD Hopkinson 41*
CJ Adams 18*

If your CO is granted... it will be some time around 3pm a week on Friday at this rate!

Grizzly making Gwylan's efforts look distinctly Pietersenesque!

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
run rate is up to 2.10...

typical Rose Bowl pitch would be my guess - bat first coz its only going to get worse...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
the skipper gives a cursory wave of his bat to the pavilion and settles back down... :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here