Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hamilton said this to Wrexham Supporters Trust last night

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Richie Morris said:
"I want to and will make millions off this land......and theres nothing you can do, it will cost you £200,000 to take me to court and my case is water tight"

Sheer naked greed. What a scumbag :censored:

Rangdo said:
Exactly what they always do to protect football clubs from being shafted by profiteering kuntz. f*** all. How hard can it be to write something into the FA rules to stop this. Here, I'll get them started.
1. A football clubs ground cannot be transferred from or sold by the club until they have started building a new ground.
2. The FA has final say on whether or not a ground can be sold or transferred.
Isn't it the FAW, not the FA, that matters in the case of Wrexham?

The Football League are the people who may hold an important card, though.

I don't know enough of the history of this, but how did it get to this point? How did one person get to hold the freehold, presumably someone must have sold it to him?

And no way am I defending him, but IF he isn't a football fan or indeed a Wrexham fan, then if he owns an assett worth millions more with vacant possession than it is with his current tenants then I can understand why at the least he's not helping them.
It's the system or past management that's wrong, it should not have got to this current situation.

Isn't this exactly Dick Knight's point - no one individual shoulde be allowed to control more than 49% of a club?

There are laws which prohibit landlords from hassling tenants but I'm assuming he's smart enough not to fall foul of these, and as long as he does, it seems to me that he's got Wrexham over a barrel. Depressingly unless they can buy him out I can't see any way out of this. Unfortunately, being obnoxious and heartless doesn't negate his rights under the law.

I can't see what the FA could do (assuming they wanted to do anything, of course) as he seems to be legally in the right, if not morally. :nono:

StephenWrexhamFc

May 24, 2004
Gwersyllt near Wrexham
It's a long story Cadiz Seagull!

The gist of it is

Pryce Griffiths our ex chairman was getting on in years and fell ill about September 2001 and wanted to give up the chairmanship.

No one really came forward to buy out his 78% shareholding and in March 2002 it became clear that ex Chester City chairman Mark Guterman was interested!

This filled many of us with dread as he had taken Chester City into administration and with him being a Property Developer the alarm bells were ringing already.

He was hated in Chester because of the way he had run them, they almost went bust.

Anyhow Guterman took over Pryce's shareholding and we all thought he was the owner!

2 years later it turns out that Alex Hamilton is the real owner, Guterman was just a puppet.

Anyhow the lease of the ground was bought by "Wrexham Fc" in June 2002 - IE Guterman and David Rhodes for the sum of £300000 from Marstons Brewery.

On the same day the lease was transferred to Hamilton's company for "£1".

The lease was ripped up and the annual rent was changed from £1 a year to £30000 a year.

Basically the Brewery were duped, they thought they were selling it to the club when in all honesty they sold it to Hamilton who placed it in his own company.

The common term is called "asset stripping". So he now owns the ground and David Rhodes our ex chief executive has a fair amount of explaining to do as well as to why this went ahead.

Guterman was just the puppet, the front man if you like whereas Hamilton was the real master behind it all, no one heard of him until May 2004 and it was only the Dismal Jimmy's who brought all this to our attention because the local papers had two absolute cretins reporting on us!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How involved are the local council in helping fight Hamilton? How do the Brewery feel about being duped? Are they helping you out? And if not could you organise a boycott of their beers? Have you applied pressure on your Local MPs? National Assembly? I did a quick look around and there's an AONB nearby (the Clwydion Range, it says here). Could you call a public inquiry and zap Hamilton with one of those - like we've been zapped by the greedhead NIMBYs of Falmer? The Romans were in Wrexham - any chance of finding Roman ruins under the Racecourse which would prevent building on top of them? Any bats, badgers or other endangered species (not that we've got any of THOSE. No sir, not us). How far have you widened the scope of trying to stop Hamilton outside of footballing circles. Because you MUST get the whole community involved. Explore all avenues and Keep The Faith!

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
StephenWrexhamFc said:
Tom Hark it's all been pursued mate!

The Roman ruins thing has been mentioned as well. Maybe we could find a Celtic chieftain buried underneath the pitch :lolol:

Or some Iraqi Weapons of Mass Destruction maybe :D

StephenWrexhamFc said:
It's a long story Cadiz Seagull!

The gist of it is

Pryce Griffiths our ex chairman was getting on in years and fell ill about September 2001 and wanted to give up the chairmanship.

No one really came forward to buy out his 78% shareholding and in March 2002 it became clear that ex Chester City chairman Mark Guterman was interested!

This filled many of us with dread as he had taken Chester City into administration and with him being a Property Developer the alarm bells were ringing already.

He was hated in Chester because of the way he had run them, they almost went bust.

Anyhow Guterman took over Pryce's shareholding and we all thought he was the owner!

2 years later it turns out that Alex Hamilton is the real owner, Guterman was just a puppet.

Anyhow the lease of the ground was bought by "Wrexham Fc" in June 2002 - IE Guterman and David Rhodes for the sum of £300000 from Marstons Brewery.

On the same day the lease was transferred to Hamilton's company for "£1".

The lease was ripped up and the annual rent was changed from £1 a year to £30000 a year.

Basically the Brewery were duped, they thought they were selling it to the club when in all honesty they sold it to Hamilton who placed it in his own company.

The common term is called "asset stripping". So he now owns the ground and David Rhodes our ex chief executive has a fair amount of explaining to do as well as to why this went ahead.

Guterman was just the puppet, the front man if you like whereas Hamilton was the real master behind it all, no one heard of him until May 2004 and it was only the Dismal Jimmy's who brought all this to our attention because the local papers had two absolute cretins reporting on us!!!

Thanks for that background Stephen. Sounds like you've been stiched up by a devious opertator. Unfortunately it happens sometimes; reasonable people act in what they consider responsible ways and then find out they've been shafted. It's easy to say it should have been seen coming but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Having said that, David Rhodes must share some of the blame. And Pryce Griffiths must feel gutted.
But the touble is, unless there was anything illegal involved, you're going to have a problem getting out of the hole. You need a sugar daddie )and if you find one let us know if he's got a brother!)

Totally of no comfort to you whatsoever, but thank God we've got a Chairman who's a fan and has the best interests of the club at heart.

Good luck with the fight - and a great win today, by the way. You that is, not us, allthough ours wasn't bad!

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Re: Re: Hamilton said this to Wrexham Supporters Trust last night

On the Left Wing said:
Posted earlier, but the more airings the better!

This guy even puts Archer to shame!

The only difference between this tosser and Archer is Archer neverstated his intentions publicly which in a perverse way makes him at least honest which is more than could be said for Archer, Stanley or bellotti!

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I cannot believe this could happen, what a dirty little fe:censored: er:angry: Hope he gets whats coming to him, it sure ain't millions of pounds...........................:tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here