Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
While I wouldn't absolve Hamas of responsibility, it is Israel that needs to be held to account for this.

A response was justified but their actions over the past 9 months have been disgusting.
I've been lucky enough to visit Israel a couple of times. From my limited observations, they clearly believe in the vengeful God, not the nice God. But then Hamas already knew that

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I've been lucky enough to visit Israel a couple of times. From my limited observations, they clearly believe in the vengeful God, not the nice God. But then Hamas already knew that

Personally, I don't think those who should one day be held accountable for their evil and sadistic actions (of which there is a great deal of evidence) have any idea, whichever 'side' they may be on.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

That is an outrageous characterisation of Jewish people in Israel… It is also theologically incorrect and a christo-centric interpretation of the Old Testament.

You really should familiarise yourself with the subject matter before making such sweeping assumptions about a faith and culture with which you have had little experience.

As for Israel - I don’t know how many times it needs to be said on this thread but most of the Jews living in Israel are either secular with no religious belief or don’t practice their faith and the weekly polling says the majority do NOT support Netanyahu or his conduct of the war. They believe he is leading Israel into an existential crisis with its Arab neighbours and will not get the hostages out alive.

Heck, not even his coalition opposition leader, Gantz, supported his prolonging the war like this and resigned from Netanyahu’s war cabinet last month.

What is going on in Gaza is nothing to do with the majority of Jewish people in Israel wanting revenge or believing in some ‘fictitious God of Vengeance’ but an agenda by a hard line right wing prime minister who in a desperate grab to power, is being willingly hogtied by far right Religious Zionists ( who represent about 12% of the population) to extend the existing 1948 boundaries of the Israeli State - to include from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea thus absorbing the Palestinian Territories of the West Bank and Gaza.

Netanyahu is perfectly willing to risk a war with Hezbollah in Lebanon to that end. Which leader does not have the interests of his people at heart?

Neither do.

These images of dying and dead children are a humanitarian tragedy as is the continual bombardment and enforced starvation of the population as a whole - there’s no need to qualify it or add whatabouteries, justifications or excuses for any of it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That is an outrageous characterisation of Jewish people in Israel… It is also theologically incorrect and a christo-centric interpretation of the Old Testament.

You really should familiarise yourself with the subject matter before making such sweeping assumptions about a faith and culture with which you have had little experience.

As for Israel - I don’t know how many times it needs to be said on this thread but most of the Jews living in Israel are either secular with no religious belief or don’t practice their faith and the weekly polling says the majority do NOT support Netanyahu or his conduct of the war. They believe he is leading Israel into an existential crisis with its Arab neighbours and will not get the hostages out alive.

Heck, not even his coalition opposition leader, Gantz, supported his prolonging the war like this and resigned from Netanyahu’s war cabinet last month.

What is going on in Gaza is nothing to do with the majority of Jewish people in Israel wanting revenge or believing in some ‘fictitious God of Vengeance’ but an agenda by a hard line right wing prime minister who in a desperate grab to power, is being willingly hogtied by far right Religious Zionists ( who represent about 12% of the population) to extend the existing 1948 boundaries of the Israeli State - to include from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea thus absorbing the Palestinian Territories of the West Bank and Gaza.

Netanyahu is perfectly willing to risk a war with Hezbollah in Lebanon to that end. Which leader does not have the interests of his people at heart?

Neither do.

These images of dying and dead children are a humanitarian tragedy as is the continual bombardment and enforced starvation of the population as a whole - there’s no need to qualify it or add whatabouteries, justifications or excuses for any of it.
Can only say as I found, on airlines, staying in houses of families with kids in the IDF and meeting random folk. I'd wager my few words are more representative of the feeling on the ground than your learned treatise. Nobody of any religion, creed or whatever ever in Israel treated me with anything than how I hoped to be treated ie minor commercial hustle and absolutely human level of one-on-one interaction

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Can only say as I found, on airlines, staying in houses of families with kids in the IDF and meeting random folk. I'd wager my few words are more representative of the feeling on the ground than your learned treatise. Nobody of any religion, creed or whatever ever in Israel treated me with anything than how I hoped to be treated ie minor commercial hustle and absolutely human level of one-on-one interaction

I have been to Israel as you have and but have also studied law with Israel students for 3 years and theology - but unlike you, I grew up in a Jewish family surrounded by Jewish friends with both grandparents Holocaust survivors - I am Jewish so please don’t lecture me on Judaistic theology - I grew up with this stuff ffs and experience it daily in my life.

Your characterisation of the Jewish people believing in a ‘vengeful God, not a nice one’ is frankly antisemitic especially when you try and conflate that with the reason Palestine people are being subjected to torture, terror, mass punishments and starvation.

If any of the Jewish people, secular or otherwise, feel revengeful of Hamas’s attacks over the decades, it is because they are human and they have lost loved ones primarily in the IDF because of decades of conflict…the massacre in particular understandably triggered a major military response (as did 9/11) but that has nothing to do with Judaism.

Taking revenge is prohibited in Judaism

I am glad you had human interaction by those Jewish people you met btw.

Anyway, all this is doing is turning the discussion away from what is important here: the shocking videos posted above of those poor kids lying in the dust on a war torn Gazan street. It’s horrific and I agree that Hamas is equally responsible in failing to agree to a precipitous peaceful end to this conflict as is Netanyahu.

Last edited:
Reactions: :J)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You can only imagine that even the most mild mannered, anti violence Palestinians now see ALL Israelis as legitimate targets now.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
You can only imagine that even the most mild mannered, anti violence Palestinians now see ALL Israelis as legitimate targets now.

Having seen countless terrifying images of children, daily, trembling and ripped to shreds, as well as adults, I think that's probably the last thing on their minds right now.

They need help and urgently.

borat

Jul 16, 2003

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Last edited by a moderator:

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Lowkey? Seriously?

Are you trying to say Lowkey is racist?

Did you watch the tweet?

Was there any evidence of racism or unreliability in the tweet, or only truth?

Please provide evidence if so.

Or is lack of evidence why you made the ridiculous comparison and allegation against him.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: @aolstudios

I understand your part of this post has now been edited (not by myself) due to you making an unfounded and potentially libellous accusation.

So Lowkey? Seriously? What?

Last edited:

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Harrowing account of the last moments of 24 year old Muhammed Bhar who had severe Down Syndrome and was Autistic.
For his mother to witness this.

The article may give the impression it was the dogs fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here