Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Half Time at Brentford

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
that guy was pissed off his face, ran on the pitch, started singing we want falmer, smashed a ball at john sullivan from about 2 yards away, sullivan didnt know what to do, so put a ball on the penalty spot, and fraser went in goal

so funny that guy had no idea the stewards were coming, and he let his coat

the only good thing that happened all day, and a shot on target :D

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Funniest thing was that he was arsing around on the pitch for a good few minutes before the stewards woke up and carted him off.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He was the only person from Brighton with a decent shot on target. I also understand why he wanted to get out without seeing the second half.

justin

Feb 2, 2007
Brighton
funniest thing this season! hats off to that man! it took the stewards about 5 mins to actually realise what we were cheering about! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :lolol:

Last edited:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
I still cannot get over the look on the face on the steward with the glasses as he was arm clamping the guy (almost trying to break his arm)- a little over the top IMHO.

Good pen though! - Tommy F found it funny

justin

Feb 2, 2007
Brighton
dunno said:
I still cannot get over the look on the face on the steward with the glasses as he was arm clamping the guy (almost trying to break his arm)- a little over the top IMHO.

Good pen though! - Tommy F found it funny

he had that look as soon as he was on the pitch like a man posessed! :lolol:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
JJ McClure said:
Funniest thing was that he was arsing around on the pitch for a good few minutes before the stewards woke up and carted him off.

Although I was right down the front for this impromptu half time entertainment, I'd only got the camera on my phone with me and didn't manage to capture anything more than the bloke being carted off. (click the little pic for the bigger version)

This failure to get a better picture was mainly because a Very Fat, and baffled, supervising steward was asking me (and himself!) how it was that the rest of his stewards hadn't bothered to intervene when the one-man pitch invasion was at the climbing over the barriers stage!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I know stewards have a job to do and all that, and if they didn't then every Tom Dick and Harry would be on the pitch, but I really really hope this chap didn't get chucked out or even worse arrested. A bit of harmless fun.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
only time an alvbion person will piut the ball in the net for a few weeks

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
pasty said:
I know stewards have a job to do and all that, and if they didn't then every Tom Dick and Harry would be on the pitch, but I really really hope this chap didn't get chucked out or even worse arrested. A bit of harmless fun.

I was advised by a Police person I know, that he would most likely get banned from every football ground in the country for that act of hilarity.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It depends what they did with him once the stewards caught up with him.

If they took the view that he was just pissed as a fart, and told him to sling his hook and go home (as would probably happen if he did the same at, say, Twickenham, or Lords...), he'll get away with it.

If, as I'd suggest is more likely given our previous experience with Brentford stewards, he got handed over to the police and nicked, he's likely to end up with a banning order. Unless the Met officer who picked him up couldn't be arsed with the paperwork of charging him.

The courts have a statutory duty to impose a banning order if you're convicted of a relevant offence, and they have reasonable grounds to believe it would help prevent violence/disorder at a regulated football match.

Someone running on the pitch, no matter how pissed, would give the local magistrates the easiest decision they've ever had.

Shame for the guy, he was obviously a bit of a plank, but he hardly seems the type of person that particular bit of legislation was designed to cater for (ie violent or threatening types).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here