Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Half & half' scarves

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Apologies in advance to the easily offended, but what manner of WANKERS buy, and even WEAR such things?

Why wear an Albion/Villa scarf? You don't support both teams.

I find it very odd.

Can somebody please try to explain why anyone would desire such a thing.

Thanks

0,,10425~9105948,00.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We walked up outside Old Trafford on our way to Huddersfield the other day (never having been there, wanted to take a look) and there were half a dozen or more 'touts' selling half and half scarves, T-Shirts, badges, all sorts, for the upcoming [Arsenal I think] game, I guess it's the same at Anfield/Emirates etc. I guess it's because there is a demand for them, probably in the main by tourists from overseas who come to England and want to go to OT/Anfield etc. These blokes wouldn't be there with armfulls of the things if no-one bought them.

Me, I think they are largely pointless, except for the Wrexham/Albion one :laugh:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What about a Crawley Man Utd one? It could be a collecters item as it would have "the red devils" written across both sides. I mean, how COOL would that look? :jester:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well if you buy it your not exactly NOT going to wear it are you? What's the big deal with it?

A. Nobody suggested it was a BIG deal.

B. People Do wear the Villa/Albion one to Withdean. Honestly.

olliwarne

Aug 12, 2010
Germany
1. the memory of the day out

2. there must be some collectors somewhere who collect every "half & half' scarve with the team on that they support

3. some (but a massive minority) of the people may have a link to both clubs

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I'd never wear them, but when I've gone abroad with Spurs, if they're cheap I'll buy one..granted it gets shoved in the cupboard and never seen again, but still.
Also, the 3 I have (Sevilla, Twente & Braga) are all half red, so I don't that'd go down to well at Tottenham.. :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We walked up outside Old Trafford on our way to Huddersfield the other day (never having been there, wanted to take a look) and there were half a dozen or more 'touts' selling half and half scarves, T-Shirts, badges, all sorts, for the upcoming [Arsenal I think] game, I guess it's the same at Anfield/Emirates etc. I guess it's because there is a demand for them, probably in the main by tourists from overseas who come to England and want to go to OT/Anfield etc. These blokes wouldn't be there with armfulls of the things if no-one bought them.

Okay, I'll concede that example, to be honest. I can see why, say, a Japanese tourist, taking in Man Utd v Chelsea, might want a souvenir of the game (although most people might make do with a program).

But I doubt there were many Japanese tourists at Villa Park last year, or for that matter in the centre of Southampton, where I saw Saints/Utd ones for sale on Saturday.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I actually wish I'd got one of them Albion/Villa scarves tbh. I'm still extremely fond of The Villa (what with them being my team from birth), so anybody want to offload their, ahem, wanky memento? :whistle:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I've only got the one - from an England game I went to a few years back. It was the first time I had seen England, so it was a bit special. I would probably only get a Brighton half and half scarf if we were playing a really big club, or Wolves.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
On the basis the stall sellers are selling them by the bucket load, is this one of those "unexplainable" things?

I do own one, I purchased one in italy a few years ago, again as a souvenir, maybe this is why people were buying them at Villa Park, to remember the cup game? Does seem daft, next thing there will be one at every game, just like all the players lining up and shaking each others hands before a game, this used to be limited to BIG games.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
on a simillar matter does anyone remember or still have the half/half ski hats

I found my blue Brighton only ski hat, not worn since the Goldstone North stand the other week. It will be making an appearance at Falmer.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I've got a Villa/Brighton one but I never wear it. I suppose it might make sense wearing it at an FA Cup game like at Watford but I don't see why you would wear one for a league game.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
How about 1901 / Ruffians?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here