Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Half a point for a clean sheet?

Sep 1, 2010
Fair enough buddy. :thumbsup:

I was careful to make it clear it was not an idea of mine. The chat between the 3 of us was started about if it was worth having a points shake up, to which i was not generally in favour of. Oh..........i thought some of the NSCM were gonna come out and hang me then.........phew.:smokin:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If you want to enourage attacking football AND good defence then do away with points and run the league positions on goal difference alone.

Then a 0-0 [good defence but poor attack] gets no points but neither does a 4-4 [good attack but poor defence]

This way, a team 3-0 up at half time might not sit back but instead keep going for more goals.

Also, promotion / relegation positions will change with big scores like 6-0 making it more exciting.

Perhaps one of our resident stattos could reproduce some league table on GD to see how different the tables might be.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Nope, don't mess around with something that works already...they have done something like that with rugby, bonus points for extra tries and end of season play-offs to decide who is decalared champion...that game is a complete and utter cluster, the fans are always moaning about the system they operate (at least round here they are)...I don't give a toss as I am totally disinterested in rugby, but please don't dick around with football, the system isn't broke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here