Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Hair Transplants etc

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
One of the defining moments of my life was when I was in my late 40s, when a group of us had a session in the pub, and we realised we were no longer attractive to women.

It was an epiphany. I no longer felt the need to impress anyone. It's hugely liberating and has saved me thousands and thousands.

Hair transplant? Don't give a shit.
Nice clothes? Don't give a shit.
Big car? Don't give a shit.
Flash look-at-me holidays? Don't give a shit.

None of it matters.
It's just a hunch, but you're not a mod are you 😂

I don't care how old/bald or whatever I am, I will always give a shit how I present myself.

Giving a shit has nothing to do with money. I completely agree about the status symbol thing though, a load of vacuous bull shit.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
,gy .
It's just a hunch, but you're not a mod are you 😂

I don't care how old/bald or whatever I am, I will always give a shit how I present myself.

Giving a shit has nothing to do with money. I completely agree about the status symbol thing though, a load of vacuous bull shit.
Sorry, I'm not a mod, no. But I'm naturally scruffy. Put me in a Savile Row suit, and I'll look homeless within ten minutes.

We drove past a group of mods on the coast road at Shoreham today. There were about 6 of them, led by one who was clearly the group leader, as he had the most mirrors. In front of his scooter was a sign '(name illegible)' scooter association'. I prefer to think the name was Thornton Heath.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
I could name at least 20 footballers who have had it done and countless other celebrities.

It's come on a lot in the last decade with the FUE technique meaning you no longer need to have a strip removed and can even shave the donor area down to grade 1 or 0 after the procedure with no evidence of scarring.

Some people pull off the bald look much better than others

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
,gy .

Sorry, I'm not a mod, no. But I'm naturally scruffy. Put me in a Savile Row suit, and I'll look homeless within ten minutes.

We drove past a group of mods on the coast road at Shoreham today. There were about 6 of them, led by one who was clearly the group leader, as he had the most mirrors. In front of his scooter was a sign '(name illegible)' scooter association'. I prefer to think the name was Thornton Heath.
I saw them, comedy twats in spades. If I ever go out looking like that, you have permission to shoot me.

Are you, or related to BOb Geldoff? 😉. TBH I was never a very good mod, always get grubby within ten minutes of getting cleaned up As well.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I saw them, comedy twats in spades. If I ever go out looking like that, you have permission to shoot me.

Are you, or related to BOb Geldoff? 😉. TBH I was never a very good mod, always get grubby within ten minutes of getting cleaned up As well.
Fair enough. Am I related to Bob Geldof? Not that I know of. Bob Geldof has got style anyway. Not only am I scruffy, but I don't have any style either. Some Kiwi friends had a good description of me - 'gone bush'.

P.S. Those mods were indeed comedy twats. Some of them had masks on as well. Jesus.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

We do seem to have a contingent of mod fans all way too old to be sporting the Paul Weller feather cut. I've counted at least three on the upper west concourse. Appreciate the music and the clothes but there comes a point where sporting the haircut looks a little silly

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We do seem to have a contingent of mod fans all way too old to be sporting the Paul Weller feather cut. I've counted at least three on the upper west concourse. Appreciate the music and the clothes but there comes a point where sporting the haircut looks a little silly

:lolol:
As much as I like The Jam this made me laugh

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Fair enough. Am I related to Bob Geldof? Not that I know of. Bob Geldof has got style anyway. Not only am I scruffy, but I don't have any style either. Some Kiwi friends had a good description of me - 'gone bush'.

P.S. Those mods were indeed comedy twats. Some of them had masks on as well. Jesus.
I only mentioned BG as he's someone who can make a 2k suit look like a spud sack 😂

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Thats putting it mildly!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Conte went for a very expensive treatment where they implant individual hairs, including the follicles, after removing them from a donor. I believe the donor can be the same person, so repositioning hairs from one part of the head to another. I saw this on the Internet a couple of weeks ago. The clinic charges an insane amount per 200 hairs.

My arm pit didn't look too good.

My ear hair was the most natural but there certainly wasn't enough.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Thats putting it mildly!

1677373825373.png

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
An imaginary friend of mine was keen to see if anyones had one - how successful was it? How much?

Anyone had any other hair treatment for hair loss etc?

Just be keen to find out any stories and after seeing the teeth thread thought I’d see…

Shane Warne was the Godfather of hair transplants. Would Liz Hurley have let a balding Warnie in, beyond her Lorals latex panties? Charmer that he was, probably not.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
recently had a long layover in singapore and got drinking in one of the sports bars there , there were 3 middle eastern looking blokes sat at a table nearby , they had the most bizarre marking on their heads , i thought to myself they must be pilgrims returning from some mystical religious pilgrimage but it turned out they were 3 Afghan tilers who had all been to Turkey for hair transplants , the weird markings on their heads was iodine and betadine used to keep the op site sterile , it hurts apparently....not fun at all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
recently had a long layover in singapore and got drinking in one of the sports bars there , there were 3 middle eastern looking blokes sat at a table nearby , they had the most bizarre marking on their heads , i thought to myself they must be pilgrims returning from some mystical religious pilgrimage but it turned out they were 3 Afghan tilers who had all been to Turkey for hair transplants , the weird markings on their heads was iodine and betadine used to keep the op site sterile , it hurts apparently....not fun at all.
Sounds like a cracking sports bar. :ohmy:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
One of my clients is the guy that did Rooney’s hair. They need a lot of maintenance Rooney flies him to his house a few times a year. I get a few snippets Rooney is really good guy, not like another footballer client of his who used to play for Palace.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I haven’t read the whole thread, but what I take from it is the usual “it’s a problem“ idea. So many times I see ads where it treated like an effing illness. I’ve been bald since my 20s. I love it. It’s never held me back with the ladies, in fact quite the opposite.
Embrace it people. Say no to the Conte’s of this world - Judases to us baldies. As for syrup wearing types. Jesus, have you no shame?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here