Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hail, Hail!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Can we BAN all sweaties please who want to rake up Celtic/Rangers cobblers.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
Just seen your argument on the previous page and your completely right. Every Celtic fan and Rangers are members of the IRA and UDA respectively. Regarding the standard of football issue, I know the standard is poor but thats due to a monetary issue in the league. The old firm highest earners are only on £35,000 a week tops. Football driven by money nowadays. Are the two clubs really tinpot though? Both league fixtures against the two have drawn 50,000 plus crowds, which suggest otherwise.

Just seen your argument on the previous page and your completely right. Every Celtic fan and Rangers are members of the IRA and UDA respectively. Regarding the standard of football issue, I know the standard is poor but thats due to a monetary issue in the league. The old firm highest earners are only on £35,000 a week tops. Football driven by money nowadays. Are the two clubs really tinpot though? Both league fixtures against the two have drawn 50,000 plus crowds, which suggest otherwise.

Yes, tinpot. That league is a joke. Rangers have won the title 53 times, Celtic 43 times. The next nearest is 4. Yes, 4. Last team to win other than the tinpot bigots was nearly 30 years ago. 50,000 plus crowds because there's nothing else to watch. Other SPL crowds can get as low as English football league 2 levels.

And you don't need to be a member of a proscribed organisation to be a bigot. The chants, graffiti and flags I see around Glasgow and the nicknames you have for each other confirms your bigotry.

Regarding the standard of football, I'd say that the money floating around Scottish football is probably comparable to Sweden, Denmark, Holland. Difference is that it's probably more evenly spread than the way Celtic and Rangers carve up the SPL money. Oh, and the fact that Sweden, Denmark and Holland have decent leagues with decently matched teams.

So what if your bunch of bigots beat the other bigots. What you fail to realise is that over the last 30 or so years Scottish football has been dying specifically because the SPL is effectively Rangers v Celtic.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
couldnt agree more with that, rangers and celtic are so boring its unbelievable. i HATE the spl, its a two team league, you know its bad when you hear other teams supporters talking about how they can achieve getting third place, as thats all they can really play for. then both rangers fans and celtic fans will talk to someone who supports brighton or any other lower lague club and spout the same old crap 'aw how many champions league games have you played this year?? how many times have you played in europe this year???' Emmmm..... none... simply because our league doesnt automatically place us in a european place EVERY year regardless of what weve actually achieved. Should they join a competitive league, they would be nothings.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
yeah i do agree with you tyrone, the difference is though, in the epl, the top three teams actually play decent football, we can say we hate man united etc all we like but lets be honest, they can play some fantastic football, and to be fair, so can most of the teams in the prem, theres some really decent sides there who play decent football. this can not be said for the spl. hamilton accies... motherwell... inverness caledonian thistle... i would seriously be expecting us and most other league one clubs to get a result from teams like this. we are in the THIRD tier of football in england, they are in the TOP division in scotland.

The only real difference between the EPL and the SPL is there's 3 teams who'll win the EPL, only two in the SPL.

I disagree and so does UEFA. Although we have 3 or 4 world class sides we also have around 8 or 9 very good sides too. That's why the English clubs do so well in Europe and why UEFA score the EPL alongside the Spanish and Italian leagues as the best in Europe. Crowd size is also much better in England. The English Championship has the 4th largest crowds in the world after the English, Italian and Spanish top leagues.

There may only be 3 or 4 sides who win the league but that doesn't mean the standard of football elsewhere in it's league is as bad as Scotland.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Neil Lennon comes over as a madman, and certainly not able to cope with a manager's position at Celtic. That old Firm game is poisonous enough without lunatic club staff squaring up to each other, and Lennon is getting in trouble for what he does or what he says virtually every week.

The likely consequence of last night's game is even more fights breaking out in pubs and streets all over Glasgow. I've just listened to that idiot Alan Brazil being an apologist for everything from the sectarian hatred to the racism heaped on Diouf, it's pathetic. His explanation for the racism: "It used to be much worse." Cock.

Police are calling for this fixture to be banned, hardly surprising if unlikely, they have to pick up the pieces and now even the managers are inflaming things. If I was the Celtic board I'd give Lennon a final warning after last night.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Knowing a few rangers and celtic fans (as I do working for a Scottish company) they absolutely hate all this bigoted nonsense. However it would appear that they are in the minority sadly.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You know what Tooting, looking at this footage, Neil Lennon's behaviour was nothing short of absolutely disgusting. The squaring up with El Hadj Diouf was bad enough, but the way he was with McCoist at the final whistle was appalling. He should be banned for several games after that, and like you say, I'd give him a final warning if I was the Celtic board.

BBC Sport - Football - Rangers manager Smith unhappy with referee decisions

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
You know what Tooting, looking at this footage, Neil Lennon's behaviour was nothing short of absolutely disgusting. The squaring up with El Hadj Diouf was bad enough, but the way he was with McCoist at the final whistle was appalling. He should be banned for several games after that, and like you say, I'd give him a final warning if I was the Celtic board.

BBC Sport - Football - Rangers manager Smith unhappy with referee decisions

I wonder what McCoist said to him because they seemed almost friendly and then McCoist says something and it all kicks off again.

And what was the serial nutter Diouf doing after he was sent off?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I wonder what McCoist said to him because they seemed almost friendly and then McCoist says something and it all kicks off again.

And what was the serial nutter Diouf doing after he was sent off?

I think you're right about McCoist saying something. The thing is, it's Lennon with his now notoriously short fuse who looked worse, those are the pictures going out, McCoist was a bit cuter if you like. Lennon shouldn't be managing in that city, unless it's Partick Thistle.

And don't get me wrong, I think Diouf is a nasty piece of work and whichever agent sorted that deal putting him in Glasgow has a very questionable sense of humour. However, whatever else he deserves (a good slap springs to mind) it isn't racist abuse.

In the last year alone you've played them 6 times and you've got another 2 games this season to play them. 8 times in one year is about once a frigging month for a football club.

Rangers and Celtic are Football League Championship standard clubs with shitty sectarian fans pissing around in a joke league that no-one respects and no-one gives a toss about.

What's that? Don't believe me? - the UEFA co-efficients include the following countries as stronger than the Scottish Premier: Belgium, Ukraine, Greece and Denmark. They're at the very bottom of band 2 and likely to lose one of their Champions League places at the rate they're dropping . Immediately underneath is Israel whilst Cyprus is only 5 places below them.

source: UEFA Country Ranking 2011

Still - as long as you can chant your IRA songs at Rangers and Rangers can chant their UDA songs at you, that's all that matters, eh?

Mickey f***ing Mouse.

Lobsulatey.

Anyone making war or religion their mantra when it comes to football, isn't really a football fan at all.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The management of those teams, the clubs themselves, and the players need to f***ing GROW UP. It's a f***ing game, and in a culture where we ask for people set an example, McCoist, Lennon and at least half of both teams are a pitiful disgrace, verging on pitifully hilarious. So there are some bigots in the crowds, how the f*** are those clubs allowed to exist with those utter tards following them week in week out? If they behaved like that anywhere else in the UK they would be in serious trouble, yet the SPL, Celtic and Rangers let them do it all the time. Do we take from that the clubs endorse this behaviour? Because if they say they don't (they say they don't) then they are simply f***ing lying. They let those arseholes (players, fans and managers) behave like that all the time, so what we have here is simple, two bigoted organisations, striking at the heart of a major UK city every time they turn out. Yet everyone, public, press, government, is quick to denounce any bigoted organisation that isn't the 'old firm', why are these two dinosaurs allowed to carry on with it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here