Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Had a chat with a Southampton fan last night

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
But for how many seasons were Leeds strong favorites to walk this league? Can only hope Southampton blow it in a similar fashion.
Wouldn't have taken the bet, unless I'd been drinking.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Leeds, that's all.

As i then said, i feel that Southampton squad is far far better than the leeds squad that were expected to walk the league. If they start to lose it, Pardew will be gone like a shot, and a good manager will come in and sort them out.
That side has loads of goals in it, and a very solid defence.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
You can have the world's greatest squad but if they don't gel. . .

Yep, Real Madrid for an example is the best i can currently think of, all the money they've spent but had a (fairly) dissapointing season. I just personally feel they will walk the league, just a gut feeling.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why is everyone going on about losing a FIVER?

The original poster stated he bet a SCORE on Southampton NOT winning the league and a score is TWENTY quid not FIVE.

READ THE f***ing POST

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Exaclt what I was thinking when reading this thread. Either way your Scumton mates a twat for not putting that £20 on at the bookies at 3s or whatever it is

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Watched Southampton play Reading today. The got stuffed 4-2 but that was mainly down to having a new back four who didn't seem to know each other too well. Forte is phenomenal and got them working together in the end. The were open to wingers today, which is why they got beaten. No Lambert or Lallana today, but that cock Dean Hammond did manage to score. Barnard is going to be a handful and I can't see them not being top 5, possibly actually top.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i don't think southampton will walk this league at all. i actually fancy huddersfield over southampton, and judging from the comments from the sunderland game and today, i would take the bet my friend. we are heading for something special under gus. i reckon. i hope

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I would bet it as its not very often the hot favs actually win this league and i can see us finishing above them:thumbsup:

Southampton look good on paper and so they should,but are they a unit????

Totally agree. I truly believe we are the team that will cause people to sit up & take notice with Gus at the helm leading a quiet revolution in the way we get the ball on the floor & play attractive football.

I am surprised people on here haven't thus far got too excited about the Argies as I think they will be a revelation, they will settle in a lot better than many think & once we have the final additions to the squad we will be the most balanced team ( not just a squad, but a team) in this league.

Gus is going to build the future of this club & with Tony Bloom backing him we have finally seen an end to the bad times ( although we did have a few moments) & this is the beginning of an era of great times for us.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Southampton play horrid, horrid football. If Lambert gets injured that will have nobody to HOOF the ball to.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
i don't think southampton will walk this league at all. i actually fancy huddersfield over southampton, and judging from the comments from the sunderland game and today, i would take the bet my friend. we are heading for something special under gus. i reckon. i hope

I agree re Hudderfield, they'll top Southampton but both teams will be so far ahead the rest.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Totally agree. I truly believe we are the team that will cause people to sit up & take notice with Gus at the helm leading a quiet revolution in the way we get the ball on the floor & play attractive football.

I am surprised people on here haven't thus far got too excited about the Argies as I think they will be a revelation, they will settle in a lot better than many think & once we have the final additions to the squad we will be the most balanced team ( not just a squad, but a team) in this league.

Gus is going to build the future of this club & with Tony Bloom backing him we have finally seen an end to the bad times ( although we did have a few moments) & this is the beginning of an era of great times for us.

I'll go with all of that subject to us getting in another striker.
I don't go with the 25-goal a season stuff but someone to combine with Murray or Barnes and quick enough and confident enough to get to the rebounds/tap-ins which will be available if we continue the way we are playing.

IMO we are potentially top 6 or thereabouts alongside the likes of Wednesday, Notts County, Peterboro, Swindon and Plymouth but without the depth of firepower to seriously trouble the likes of Southampton and Huddersfield over the full season.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I don't go with the 25-goal a season stuff but someone to combine with Murray or Barnes and quick enough and confident enough to get to the rebounds/tap-ins which will be available if we continue the way we are playing.

IMO we are potentially top 6 or thereabouts alongside the likes of Wednesday, Notts County, Peterboro, Swindon and Plymouth but without the depth of firepower to seriously trouble the likes of Southampton and Huddersfield over the full season.

Wise as ever.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Sums it up spot on for me.
Possibly add a left winger in there, even just a loanee who's natural out wide.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Bloody love your positivity by the way fella.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
FINALLY got my £20 today.

We've bet again for this season on who will finish higher. Reckon I'm on a winner again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here