Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Had a chat with a Southampton fan last night

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I was a bit pissed to remember what he was going on about, but he was so confident Southampton would win the league he bet a score on it with me.

I had to stop my mate betting a fiver Brighton to finish higher than Southampton, to accept the same bet.

Another reason to hope they don't win the league for me.

Would anyone else have taken the same bet?

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I was a bit pissed to remember what he was going on about, but he was so confident Southampton would win the league he bet a score on it with me.

I had to stop my mate betting a fiver Brighton won finish higher to accept the same bet.

Another reason to hope they don't win the league for me.

Would anyone else have taken the same bet?

Nope.
Southampton are everyones favourites to walk the league, it will take a massive cock-up for them not to with that squad.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I'm still confident, but maybe I'll forget to remind him at work on Monday

Jerryatric

Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
Assuming it was sn even money bet anyone would take it. Just lay some of it off with a bookie at best odds (currently 12/5). Can't lose. Simples!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Just like Leeds two years ago then?

IMO, that Leeds squad was not as good as this Southampton one. Lambert will probably get 30 goals again, Barnard has proved himself at this level and at Stains already, and they are after Benjani, Tyson, Vassell etc. The defence is very solid and has had big money spent on it, and the midfield is very strong. If Pardew starts to f*** it up, he'll be out and a good manager will come in and sort them out.
You've lost your money imo.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
IMO, that Leeds squad was not as good as this Southampton one. Lambert will probably get 30 goals again, Barnard has proved himself at this level and at Stains already, and they are after Benjani, Tyson, Vassell etc. The defence is very solid and has had big money spent on it, and the midfield is very strong. If Pardew starts to f*** it up, he'll be out and a good manager will come in and sort them out.
You've lost your money imo.

They've signed Tyson already haven't they?

I wouldn't have taken that bet either

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would bet it as its not very often the hot favs actually win this league and i can see us finishing above them:thumbsup:

Southampton look good on paper and so they should,but are they a unit????

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Why is everyone going on about losing a FIVER?

The original poster stated he bet a SCORE on Southampton NOT winning the league and a score is TWENTY quid not FIVE.

READ THE f***ing POST

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
The twenty quid will still be yours since you can "forget" all about the bet and not pay him... A little bit like HseagullsH has done to me when I bet him Norwich would win the league last season.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The twenty quid will still be yours since you can "forget" all about the bet and not pay him... A little bit like HseagullsH has done to me when I bet him Norwich would win the league last season.

but Norwich did not have Pardew as manager did they

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
They sacked their usless manager after a few games and it was ok. Southampton will do the same. They will probably get Gus Poyet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here