Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

had a call from theargus about withdean

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Move the away fans back to within a reasonable distance of the pitch so we can get a bit of banter going again with them. They start cheering/signing whatever it will bring the 'best' out of the home fans but at the moment can only just see them let alone hear anything they do and they can hardly see the game to get interested in it.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
During the Bring Home the Albion Days you had to fight to get stuff in the argus. 6 editions a day (3 in brighton plus county versions) and real old schoold journalists writing news and articles based on years of extensive networking with local authorities, other media, businesses and people. Circulation was 70k

Now they have just out of school journos who are cheap and who move on quickly. They have people who don't even know where the Stanford area in Hove is, they give over blog space to morons and trawl a message board for their next story, only produce 1 paper per day. Oh and circulation is now well under 30k. Yes I know the internet will have had a big impact but when they made a free paper (the Argus Lite on News?) they literally couldn't give it away.

I see they are now stationing desk in supermarkets where people can come up to journalists and tell them what concerns them. Fair play at least it's going back to the grass roots of a paper which is there to inform and reflect the readership.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Albion Fans Call For Air Fresheners To Improve Atmosphere At Withdean

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Albion Fans call on the Argus to Give Away Kazoos so that fans can create a Buzz at Withdean

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Albino fans call for action over dyslexia

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Albion Fans Claim Prize For Withdean Wager Should Be One Night With Gully's Girls. Ticket Sales QUADRUPLE

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Brilliant story in today's Argus about how ASTON VILLA are holding a competition to find a 'best young commentator' or something like that.

Aston Villa being in BIRMINGHAM. Not Sussex.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I assume that's website editor rather than paper editor. Although knowing the latter, you and he are alike in many ways so it may be likely

D

Deleted User X18H

I assume that's website editor rather than paper editor. Although knowing the latter, you and he are alike in many ways so it may be likely

Me and Mike Beard alike? He'd be pleased with that. I think its more Jo the Web editor though. Ironically its now been replaced by the Eastbourne guy.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Me and Mike Beard alike? He'd be pleased with that. I think its more Jo the Web editor though. Ironically its now been replaced by the Eastbourne guy.

It's Michael - Mike is too informal for a man of his status

D

Deleted User X18H

It's Michael - Mike is too informal for a man of his status

Oh dear he's upset you hasn't he!

Joking aside Mike or Michael Beard is one of the best editors the Argus has had in some while. He is putting the local community paper back in the community whilst ensuring it still covers the wider issues.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Albion fans call for FOOTBALL to be played at Withdean

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here