Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

had a call from theargus about withdean

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
had a call from a reporter from the argus tonite.asking me how to improve the atmosphere at the withdean i told him poyet needs to play 2 wingers for a start.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No doubt some mug will demand that we get a roof over the South stand.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
should allow away fans to sit (or stand) in H Block and put all the stewards in North Stand

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Whatever happens the atmosphere can only improve - how can it have been that dead with a decent number of away fans for the Millwall game?

Not again! Another Argus trawl through North Stand Chat looking for a "story".

There's stuff going on in the real world, but they choose to fill space with "Albion Fans Call For ... " items, cobbled together from ten minutes reading NSC and a phone conversation with one person.

The recent "Albion Fans Call For New Giant Flag For Villa Park Game" story was exactly that sort of nonsense. Incredibly, it was followed up by a national newspaper getting in touch with Bracknell Towers, and Roz having to explain that there was, in fact, no huge body of Albion fans demanding anything of the sort.

I'm pleased to see that TLO has cottoned on to the fact that a VERY long headline saves the journo the trouble of writing much of a story. Half a page filled in a tenth of the time.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Albion Fans demand fluorescent jackets, so they can blend in with the Stewards and stand up, They will then be able to stand up, and as nobody will be able to tell the difference between Stewards and paying fans.......
The Club will then have to pay all people in fluorescent jackets for attending ,thus improving the level of support and atmosphere.
There you are then, sorted, a much better idea than Mansfield's as they probably should be paying their fans to go too their matches anyway.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Albion Fans Demand Team Scores More Goals Than Opposition To Improve Atmosphere

Radical plans voiced - Boss Gus says "we'll certainly consider it".

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Albion Fans Demand Half Time One-Fan-One Vote Referendum For Worst Home Player Who Will Then Be Savagely Beaten With Sticks In Centre Circle In The Event Of Defeat.

Now that's motivational.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
... but we could give it a go. I'll start.

"Albion Fans Call For Half-Time Topless Jugglers To Improve Atmosphere At Withdean".

Can I ask you to be more precise. It should state Female Topless Jugglers. I am not interested in seeing male artists perform no matter what opposition fans think our sexual preferences are.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Albion Fans Demand Team Scores More Goals Than Opposition To Improve Atmosphere

Radical plans voiced - Boss Gus says "we'll certainly consider it".

You've ventured into fantasy land there. Please keep to more realistic suggestions. :down:

D

Deleted User X18H

Not again! Another Argus trawl through North Stand Chat looking for a "story".

There's stuff going on in the real world, but they choose to fill space with "Albion Fans Call For ... " items, cobbled together from ten minutes reading NSC and a phone conversation with one person.

The recent "Albion Fans Call For New Giant Flag For Villa Park Game" story was exactly that sort of nonsense. Incredibly, it was followed up by a national newspaper getting in touch with Bracknell Towers, and Roz having to explain that there was, in fact, no huge body of Albion fans demanding anything of the sort.

Actually I think it has more to do with the last paragraph of my 'Peckham' blog.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here