Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Habits you have which are not bad but a bit odd

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
OCD. Leaving home, just as I'm crossing the front door I've got to back to check the windows, the gas is off, the fridge door is closed, other stuff is switched off. I do it, then at the door I do it again, usually 3-4 times.

Shite!! I do that! & I always have the stereo on in the car only on an odd number (but cant be 13)

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I am the same and people always say when i do it i could power a lightbulb with the energy i produce from doing it

Same here, my missus calls it "nimming", (I don't know why) drives her mad!

Also one for checking front door, stove/iron etc turned off repeatedly!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Phobia thing going on with static electric, so if there is conductible metal about and a carpet, I have to touch the metal with my leg first before touching it with my hand, cos it usually passes through jeans without sparking me out!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Phobia thing going on with static electric, so if there is conductible metal about and a carpet, I have to touch the metal with my leg first before touching it with my hand, cos it usually passes through jeans without sparking me out!

I LOVE a bit of static.

I took my shirt off in the dark the other night, and some static passed through it, making it briefly glow blue in the darkness. Made me feel like I was in TRON.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
When sitting down on an upright chair, ie not the sofa, I jig my right leg incessantly. When I stop, I waggle my pen (I'm nearly always holding a pen).

I am an intensely irritating person to sit with, so I apologise in advance to anyone near me in the WSU.

As someone who has sat next to the jigging leg game in, game out, it is a habit that you get used to relatively quickly.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
I have this thing where i am convinced i can make out the twitter of earwigs. I even put some nut-dust in my earholes to lure them in so i hear their rustley squeak louder. Quite gossipy, earwigs, and not just about their own breed. It turns out, though, that every earwig, male or female or both, is called Burt. Makes knowing who is who that bit more difficult. It's all about pincer-size so i am looking into some magnifying-glass-eye surgery.

you are indeed wrong! they are all Bob. affectionatley re-named after the head honcho wiggy fell in lust after Blackadder.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As someone who has sat next to the jigging leg game in, game out, it is a habit that you get used to relatively quickly.

:lolol:

I guess you get used to the rythem and the motion after a while, although it does sometimes depend on how TENSE I am. This season most home games have been a breeze, but the run-in of games under Slade, I think my jigging probably shook the bolts loose in my seat and several around us in Block D.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
i twiddle my hair... and get seriously peed off if i am forced to abandon mid-twiddle.. due to some bastard wanting me to move at a now green light or someone wanting me to actually write something... i really need to work on my ambi-twiddling ready for the amex... i will be easy to spot.. the lass with lots of oval curls sticking out at weird angles from her hair... ( on head........) !!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I LOVE a bit of static.

I took my shirt off in the dark the other night, and some static passed through it, making it briefly glow blue in the darkness. Made me feel like I was in TRON.

My car always gives me electric static shocks. I drove down to Cardiff the other day, parked up in a multistory and got out without touching any of the metal surfaces on the car. No shocks. Result.......until I put the coins in the pay and display machine and got the MOTHER of all shocks, honest to god it nearly blew my hand off.......the funniest thing though was watching the next bloke in the queue for the machine trying to decide whether to risk putting his money in :lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I always put my left sock on first. And my left shoe.

I always salute the first magpie I see of a morning when I drive to work and yet I think superstitions ridiculous.

and I always drink beer on a friday night.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
you are indeed wrong! they are all Bob. affectionatley re-named after the head honcho wiggy fell in lust after Blackadder.

You leave my mate "Bob" out it. We only do "manly" wrestles!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here