Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Habits you have which are not bad but a bit odd

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's the close season, Gus is on his hols so not much BHA football related news about. I have this habit which I've started doing a lot. I love chewing Ice Cubes. Good way to keep cool but annoying for people who don't like that sound of crunching.

Anybody else ?

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
OCD. Leaving home, just as I'm crossing the front door I've got to back to check the windows, the gas is off, the fridge door is closed, other stuff is switched off. I do it, then at the door I do it again, usually 3-4 times.

If I've got a really jaggedy bogey up my nostril, I sniff back and forth repeatedly to make it rattle around my nose, normally until it shoots out.

It drives people mad.

And that weird coughing up greenies noise, I do that a lot.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Apart from reading NSC, the only other one I can think of is f***ing the mothers of people who annoy me. :shrug:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Apart from reading NSC, the only other one I can think of is f***ing the mothers of people who annoy me. :shrug:

Really ? How does your wife feel about this ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I haven't told her. To be honest, I'm not even sure that this counts as an odd habit, seeing as I'm not the only one who does this. :thumbsup:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
i dont know if this is a habit but each time my girlfriend comes home i tell her to get back in the kitchen ???

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I haven't told her. To be honest, I'm not even sure that this counts as an odd habit, seeing as I'm not the only one who does this. :thumbsup:

Ahh, but from a moral standpoint is is bad ? :laugh:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When sitting down on an upright chair, ie not the sofa, I jig my right leg incessantly. When I stop, I waggle my pen (I'm nearly always holding a pen).

I am an intensely irritating person to sit with, so I apologise in advance to anyone near me in the WSU.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I have this thing where i am convinced i can make out the twitter of earwigs. I even put some nut-dust in my earholes to lure them in so i hear their rustley squeak louder. Quite gossipy, earwigs, and not just about their own breed. It turns out, though, that every earwig, male or female or both, is called Burt. Makes knowing who is who that bit more difficult. It's all about pincer-size so i am looking into some magnifying-glass-eye surgery.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
straightening paper clips semi-compulsively

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
When sitting down on an upright chair, ie not the sofa, I jig my right leg incessantly. When I stop, I waggle my pen (I'm nearly always holding a pen).

I am an intensely irritating person to sit with, so I apologise in advance to anyone near me in the WSU.

If you are anywhere near me it won't be a problem as I do exactly the same leg-jiggling thing. Drives Mrs P nuts :laugh:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
If you are anywhere near me it won't be a problem as I do exactly the same leg-jiggling thing. Drives Mrs P nuts :laugh:

I am the same and people always say when i do it i could power a lightbulb with the energy i produce from doing it

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Tapping the lid of fizz cans 12 times before opening,
Sniffing socks before i put them on,
When i use the oven gloves i tap them together 3 times before opening the oven,
Keeping dvd's in A to Z order. I used to do it with cd's but i have too many to even try now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lunchtime queues. I'd rather join a fast queue for a poor sandwich than a slow queue for a good sandwich. Same with pubs. Five deep at the bar? I'll be in the crap empty pub next door.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here