Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ha Bertin turned up for pre-season

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Ive always thought Bertain was a bit over rated. Dont think we he will sign and I dont think we will miss him that much to be honest.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Time and human/ornithological war may have changed hands/beaks, but, if it were anything like my schooldays i'd be reluctant to turn up to the coast in this season as swooping gulls attack small people with chip-packets more than anything else during summer days. Bertin, i am guessing, is entitled to a plastic wrapper of 145g-fat-fingers at half the price of us normals (so about £2.12.5), so will buy them from a lunchtruck almost every day of the week at The Dean. That's just asking for trouble from a gang of 9ft sky-circling chip-lovers who know they can outwit soon-to-be-rotund athletes and leave the scene with ketchup and a brownness they can't identify on their feathered necks.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If people go anti Bertin just because he hasn't made his mind up then they are numpties.

How can he be a hero one minute and a villain the next. The guy is a quality player and if we get him it will be a REAL bonus but give him a break while he weighs up his options. :falmer::falmer::falmer:

The club should have set a deadline...

He should have provided a response, yes, no, more time please by that deadline...

To ignore the club altogether is out of order, IMHO...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bit late now Phil - footballers don't train in the afternoon you fool. When would they play golf or get their bets on?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bertin gets "stuck in" incomparably better than either of those players. Without an Oatway or a Makelele, a player like Bertin certainly ain't surplus to requirements. Besides Reid won't be fully fit for months.

Reid was fully fit in April and wanting to play in the Sussex Senior cup but wrenched his ankle (his original injury was his knee) and so was out for six weeks.
He's fully fit now.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here