Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

H Block Humour.....

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Seem to have run out of ideas.It's all getting a bit purile these days, silly masks, steward baiting etc.Why can't we just give 100% support for the team, and why won't the other blocks in the South Stand join in?I guess everyone is finding the whole Withdean experience rather boring these days.:nono:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was a bit petty this week. If it doesn't improve I'll change seats again.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
too many twats in there more intent on having a laugh rather than supporting the team .

Masks :nono:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
Dougal said:
too many twats in there more intent on having a laugh rather than supporting the team .

Masks :nono:
I guess the lack of entertainment on the pitch may have something to do with it.

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
Bakesy said:
why won't the other blocks in the South Stand join in?I guess everyone is finding the whole Withdean experience rather boring these days.:nono:

I sit in e block and never hear h Block which is a big problem with the ground

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Without meaning to offend Mr Bakesy sir, isn't it usually you and your 'group' who come up with all the Steward songs?

Surely if you were just to interrupt, then there wouldn't be so much of a problem?

Another example of the running out of ideas is the 'who can be first to sing "You're Welsh and you know you are?" ' competition!

Bakesy said:
why won't the other blocks in the South Stand join in?
The question I would ask is why won't the rest of H Block join in?

The antics of the back half seem to have resulted in the rest of the so-called "Singing Block" turning silent.

Last edited:

Bakesy said:
why won't the other blocks in the South Stand join in?

Could be that you're not as loud as you think you are because I can't hear you WAAAAAYYYY over in Block E. Your noise doesn't travel sideways.....THAT's why nobody else joins in. Nothing personal:smokin:

Re: Re: H Block Humour.....

Nemesis said:
Could be that you're not as loud as you think you are because I can't hear you WAAAAAYYYY over in Block E. Your noise doesn't travel sideways.....THAT's why nobody else joins in. Nothing personal:smokin:
Half the time it doesn't even reach the front of H Block.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Lord Bracknell said:

The antics of the back half seem to have resulted in the rest of the so-called "Singing Block" turning silent.

So what would you suggest then LB? I hav'nt exactly seen you standing up at the front of H block leading new chants!

Re: Re: Re: H Block Humour.....

British Bulldog said:
So what would you suggest then LB? I hav'nt exactly seen you standing up at the front of H block leading new chants!
Fair comment. The folk a couple of rows behind us have been trying over the last few games to get things going. But their efforts are usually ignored (or not heard) by the hard core at the back.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

Lord Bracknell said:

the singing section used to be the J block? which is no always empty, and usually only has about 10 people in it

the atmosphere is shite, and the fact that the last 15 mins we were outsung by the 3 rotherham fans says a lot

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
Withdean Wanderer said:
Without meaning to offend Mr Bakesy sir, isn't it usually you and your 'group' who come up with all the Steward songs?

Surely if you were just to interrupt, then there wouldn't be so much of a problem?

Another example of the running out of ideas is the 'who can be first to sing "You're Welsh and you know you are?" ' competition!
I start a fair few and join in with most of the other stuff because i refuse to sit there quietly at football, we need atmosphere ffs.It's not me and my group as you put it.....i sit between them and DTG, If everyone got behind the team, and i mean EVERYONE, NOT THE 30 OR SO THAT DO SING, then perhaps the anti steward stuff would disappear.
I've noticed you are an H block regular, but haven't heard you start a single song......about time you started a few and get those around you to do the same.

Last edited:

Bakesy said:
I start a fair few and join in with most of the other stuff because i refuse to sit there quietly at football, we need atmosphere ffs.It's not me and my group as you put it.....i sit between them and DTG, If everyone got behind the team, and i mean EVERYONE, NOT THE 30 OR SO THAT DO SING, then perhaps the anti steward stuff would disappear.
I've noticed you are an H block regular, but haven't heard you start a single song......about time you started a few and get those around you to do the same.

Maybe if the team gave us something to get excited about we wouldn't be having this discussion? As much as the team needs lifting-the fans do too, especially with some of the dross on show lately-how the hell does one get inspired to make a noise watching what we have to week in, week out?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Nemesis said:
Maybe if the team gave us something to get excited about we wouldn't be having this discussion? As much as the team needs lifting-the fans do too, especially with some of the dross on show lately-how the hell does one get inspired to make a noise watching what we have to week in, week out?

but at every away game, there is nothing more served up by the team to shout about than any home game

but the fans without fail all sing their hearts out, and get behind the team, and that lifts the players up.
look at chesterfield the other week, a crap game, could have been another boring 0-0 like the last 2 home games, but the fans sung constantly, we got a win, and wilkins came up to us and told us we were fantastic

it can be done!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
Agreed.Unfortunately, all those that go away aren't sat together at Withdean, they are dotted all around the ground surrounded by miserable gits that won't sing, full stop.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here